Sunday, 2 January 2011

Promises


Promises ..... such an easy word to say. We make all sorts of promises to others .... sometimes just to get what we want .. and how often do we keep our promises.... do we still remember our promises. I promise that I will love you. I promise that I will remain by your side. I promise that we will be together forever. I promise ... I promise ....... promises are just empty words spoken if not followed through.

I was amazed at the fact that God still kept His promise after 42 generations as stated in the bible with the birth of Jesus to save mankind. Wow if one generation lasts for a hundred years, imagine 42 generations will be 4200 years and God waited patiently until it was the right time to bring His promise to pass. I have not seen anyone keep a promise that long and God's faithfulness and love never cease to amaze me.

1 comment:

joshua said...

If we are unfaithful, he remains faithful, for he cannot deny who he is.

8-)