Thursday, 18 November 2010

KL Bird Park

Today I went to the KL bird park to try out the Tamron 70-300mm F4-5.6 VC Telephoto lens. This was the first time I own a telephoto lens with my Nikon D90. So far I had read many great reviews about the lens.
Since it was a public holiday, I arrived about 9 am while waiting for another friend to arrive. He owns a Canon 550D while I am using a Nikon D90.

I am glad that we came early as the crowd started coming in later. The day was lovely as well ... not to sunny ... cloudy and perfect for a walk in the park.
Taken in the parrot park.
I can't remember the bird's name .... hehe .. was too busy trying out the new lens. So far I am very impressed with the lens .... I just need to learn how to use it better.
The glorious peacock.
The serence duck.
I think everyone know what this is :)


This is one fierce ostrich ... waiting to attack at any time :P

Overall, I had a great time. I am trying to find locations in and around KL where I can go by myself or with some friends for some photography sessions. I have been quite rusty... was busy with exams and my camera was collecting dust :P

I am really looking forward to 19th till 25th November 2010 where I will be helping out as an assistant medical classifier for the paralympics which will be held in Melaka. Here all the paralympics athletes from all over Malaysia will be competing. This is my first time helping out and I hope that it will be a long term arrangement. I hope to capture some moments during the sports though I have not taken any photos of sports event before. Let's hope I am up to the task with the Tamron 70-300 mm VC.

4 comments:

Twilight said...

Your photos are very good with excellent lighting and angles! Well done! I love the parrot photo with the blurry parrot background.

TZ said...

Nice shots ... I like it :)

David Lim said...

nice pics again :)

HEMY said...

nice photos of them. I went there too. But didn't manage to process the pictures, just upload ori one and with picasa..errr..worse.hehe