Wednesday, 20 October 2010

My name in Chinese

My parents just got back from China and they bought for me a stamp with my name in Chinese. I can stamp my name in Chinese on any documents if I want to ...some sort of branding :P Anyway I was busy preparing for my research proposal and I am supposed to show my supervisor the first draft tomorrow morning. Had a mental block and I thought that I will take a short break .... decided to try out the Tamron 90mm F2.8 macro lens.... the photos were taken and editted within 15 minutes. All I used was a white paper as the background. Kept my Metz 48 flashgun on a stand as the slave flash. I was too lazy to take out the tripod as it was meant to be a quickie coz gonna get back to my proposal writing.

So far I am very pleased with the Tamron 90 mm F2.8 macro lens... it fast and sharp and gives a nice bokeh. Very easy to switch between manual and auto focus mode. I can't wait to explore more after my exams ... right now I am just picking up things at home and shooting them to "destress" Exams will be in November but what I am really looking forward to is helping out at the Malaysian paralympic sports which will be held in Melaka later in November.

My name in Chinese... :)
I was born in the year of the Piglet ... oppss I meant the year of the Pig. :P

Anyway just a short post ... and I do have a wonderful supervisor who has now become one of my best buddies. It is amazing how God brings people into my life at the right time and place.

Ok back to my research proposal thingy ... oppss .. I better not forget to eat dinner and take my shower :P

6 comments:

day-dreamer said...

I'd love to have this type of stamp too, but too bad I don't own one yet. :D

Twilight said...

You are now an important figure with your own imperial stamp! Whooooa!

David Lim said...

nice photography :))

doc said...

new lens, new stamp & new template, too!

your life turning around?

kyh said...

I've been longing to get one for myself too. Nice one you've got there! :D

sbanboy said...

day-dreamer: can one ... get someone to get it for you when they go to China :)

Twilight: :P

David Lim: Thanks a lot :P Still exploring after all these years :)

doc: Erm well life is short :)

kyh: you wont regret getting the Tamron 90mm F2.8 Macro lens :)