Wednesday, 12 August 2009

Netherlands Day 2

2nd day in Netherlands ... thank God that I did not suffer much jet lag. I was able to sleep at night and get up in the morning. It was Sunday and we went to a church near Amsterdam, C3 Amsterdam Church.

See all the taxi are MERCEDES !!!!!

Countdown to church service.
C3 Church
After church we headed over to Volendam... a fishing village which is now a tourist spot.
Windmill !
Volendam.

Volendam was a good play to get souvenirs as they can be bought in bulk here and are cheaper than the cities and airports.
Fridge magnets
Tulips decor
People just relaxing under the sun and have a beer.



Had some Dutch beer ... yummy ... smooth.
Prawns cooked with chilli, spices and onions .... very fresh and succulent.

We headed over to Edam ... a quiet place for a walk.
You can find chinese restaurant everywhere!
Favorite past time .. hanging out with friends and loved ones and having beer.
And my cozy room.... time for my sleep...zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

2 comments:

cheah said...

Looking at the photos makes my eyes green with envy

Twilight Zone said...

My eyes are also green with envy! But I am happy that you are having a good time...judging from your photos.