Saturday, 11 July 2009

Kek Lok Si Penang

I have not been to Kek Lok Si in a long long long time. A couple of days back, I managed to go there with some colleagues to check out the Asam Laksa located at the foothill and to visit Kek Lok Si. More information on Kek Lok Si here.

Kek Lok Si is a temple which houses a 120 feet bronze Guan Yin. There is also a pagoda. It was a good exercise for me to walk up all the way to Kek Lok Si. Was kinda tempted to drive all the way up to the temple :) Anyway made it up alive drenched in my sweat and managed to take some photos.


Yes I survived ! Steps leading to the main temple.
Inner part of the temple.
Some chinese characters on a pillar.
Monks busy at work.
The view from the ramp up to Guan Yin statue.


A tourist feeding the fish ... erm actually there was a sign board telling us not to feed the fish.
View from the top of the Pagoda.
It was a good trip to visit places that I have been to when I was a small kid. Still a lot of heritage places which I had not visited in Penang. I wish I had brought my dslr along but my Fuji compact was easier to carry :)

No comments: