Sunday, 14 June 2009

Lift - Shannon Noll and going to gym so far





LIFT - by Shannon Noll ( The Biggest Loser Australia Theme Song )

I know you're hurting
Feels like your learning
'Bout life the hard way
And it ain't working
Seems like forever
That you've been falling
It's time to move on
Your life is calling, yeah

This was never meant to be the end
Close the book and start again

Chorus:
Cos i know how hard it can get
But you've gotta lift
You've gotta lift
And sometimes that's how it is
But i know you're stronger
Stronger than this
You've gotta lift
You've gotta lift

When you can feel your
Whole body's aching
What's left of your heart
It wont stop breaking
You've got to let go
You took a hit
Time to pick up now
Move on from this

This was never meant to be the end
Close the book and start again

Chorus

You've got to lift yourself up above all
the hurt
Don't give in
Wipe your eyes and remember you're better
than this
Let them know that they took their best shot
and they missed
Come on and lift

Chorus

Pick up now...
Pick up now...


Last week was a tough week for me.....a lot of obstacles throughout the week. And on top of it, I had to counsel and encourage my staffs. It was draining me mentally and emotionally. It is not easy to keep giving .... sometimes we need to recharge ourselves before we can continue to keep giving more of ourselves. And to add to the fire, I had to deal with the office politics. There were people backstabbing, gossiping .... yeah it happens all the time in any work environment and I had made it a rule to myself that I will not take part in any office politics. But as I was already drained out ... it kinda got me down as well when people came to talk to me.

I need to recharge ... to draw strength from God. But sometimes it is not enough just God and me. I need to talk to someone, to get some opinions, to feel encouraged ,,,,, I guess at times I need TLC myself. I have been so used to putting other people's need before mine that I had to mentally tell myself to think about myself once in awhile. I need to find a way to recharge.

So I decided that I will just have to grit my teeth and just keep pressing on by myself. And this song - Lift by Shannon Noll - encouraged me to keep going on. ( I have been watching The Biggest Loser alot to get inspiration and encouragement and it was one of the main reasons that I got my fat butt to True Fitness.) It only takes the first step. And a "made up" mind. These past few days, I had made my mind about different aspects of my life, my health, my relationships etc.

Joining the gym had done more good to me than I can ever imagined. My stamina is improving. I have a spring to my steps. Most of it ..... it chased the blues away. When I am alone in the apartment, you know an idle mind is dangerous and that is when all the nonsense and negative thoughts try to invade my mind ..... making me wallow in self pity, despair etc. And now I found a new way to be more positive ... HIT THE GYM!!!!!!!! Yeah I think it is saving my life from being a couch potato. And since I changed my job, my working hours are more regular ... hence I am able to be more regular at the gym. I am giving myself 6 months to transform myself. And yes I think I am getting addicted to going to gym.

In the meantime, I will continue to lift.

2 comments:

Chris said...

which gym u join?

sbanboy said...

Chris
Hey Chris :)

Thanks for dropping by ... I joined True Fitness at USJ. :)

How have you been ? Take k man