Tuesday, 6 January 2009

My chains are gone

video

Amazing grace - my chains are gone - by Chris Tomlin

Amazing grace
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I'm found
Was blind, but now I see
'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed
My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy rains
Unending love, Amazing grace

The Lord has promised good to me
His word my hope secures
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow
The sun forbear to shine
But God, Who called me here below
Will be forever mine
Will be forever mine
You are forever mine


video

With all I am - by Hillsong

Into Your hands
I commit again
With all I am, for You, Lord
You hold my world
In the palm of Your hand
And I am Yours forever

Jesus I believe in You
Jesus I belong to You
You're the reason that I live
The reason that I sing
With all I am

I'll walk with You
Wherever You go
Through tears and joy
I'll trust in You
And I will live
In all of Your ways
And Your promises, forever

I will worship
I will worship You


I always recharge whenever I attend church and God knows just the right message and song to speak to my heart. As always the songs picked by the song leader and the messages given by my pastor are exactly what I needed to hear. These 2 songs spoke to me and cleared away the fog that was surrounding me the past few days.....and I was reminded again about why I am here.

I was reminded again that I was set free.... that my chains are gone. My life is in the palm of His hands.

5 comments:

*Anton* said...

Please ensure the chains remian out-of-sight ya! ^_^

+Ant+

Jonzz said...

Thanks for sharing those songs. I like the Chris Tomlin's version of Amazing Grace especially the chorus.

Twilight Zone said...

I am shy to say that I didn't know how the lyrics are but often used the word "Amazing Grace". Silly me! Thanks for educating me a bit.

CP Waterman said...

God is so GOOD!

sbanboy said...

anton
A daily reminder to myself that I have been set free.

jonzz
Yup the chorus is my favorite too

twilight zone
grace = unmerited favor ... and it is by His grace that I am who I am today.

CP Waterman
AMEN !