Wednesday, 10 September 2008

Gloomy skies, daily jam, snickers and isolation

These past few weeks ... it had been raining on a regular basis .... and nowadays I walk around with an umbrella. Since my working hours are more regular now ... I get off work at about 5-530 pm.
Pictures taken at the car park .... look at the gloomy sky.
Jam jam jam ... this had been a daily routine for me ... but I always look forward going home to just watch tv ... and just chill .... the picture was taken at the jam in Jalan Bangsar.
Can you imagine ... the NPE highway is jam as well ???
More jam... I even have time to take some pictures :)
Today I was having some dinner with some friends from church at about 8 pm. I figured if I go back home and come out again ... I will definitely be late ... so I decided to go wait outside my friend's apartment and take a break ( Snickers ) and a short nap. I reached the apartment about 655 pm.

We had steam boat porridge which was yummy... most important I had a great time catching up with good friends. I realized that I have perfected the art of isolating myself from others. I kinda developed this talent when I started working. Since my working hours was very odd, I was not able to go out for outings or meet up often with my friends ... most of the time I was either on call or too zonked out to go out .... and as time goes by .... I started to drift away from my friends ..... we kinda drifted apart and I kinda started to bury myself in work. That was when I started to isolate myself from others ....it was a protective mechanism .... if I kept to myself ... then I wont expect and I wont get hurt..... that is why I can just sit at home ... doing my own thing ... watch TV and just isolate myself. My sister and my best friend been nagging at me to go out more often ... meet up with friends etc. Maybe now when I am in CRC with more regular working hours... I will be able to come out of my shell and fortress which I guard fiercely ..... maybe it is time to open up my heart again and be vulnerable. Maybe ......

6 comments:

[danial][ma] said...

hej! bro...time to rejoice i guess...;-)

William H said...

yeah... lets open your heart... let us all crash it, burn it, torture it ....

hahha..... just joking.... dont keep it for too long inside later cannot use oo....

:) god bless

TZ said...

Bro, good to know that you gain back your social life after the new job ... keep it up eh!

christance said...

Enjoyed last night's dinner as well. Glad to see you happier, Uncle My One! ;)

jerry maguire, jr. said...

gotta get some life, bro!! (tho i started to think ur havin one, now aye?) hehehe

Nkw@i said...

wahhh....NPE highway also can be jam!!!? unbelievable....

hehe,...yaya, hang out more, enjoy more, play more, relax more, take more pic and of course work hard in order archieve those....can?
hehhe...