Monday, 11 August 2008

Once in awhile.....

*picture taken at a replica of Notre Dame Church in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Once in awhile we will meet people who we just can't get along with no matter how hard we try ... today was one of those days ..... I am on call today for 24 hours .... one of my last few calls .... hopefully .... I am working with one of my colleagues who announced she was in a bad mood first thing in the morning .... and that mood carried on throughout the day.

I just kept to myself and did my own work .... to the extent that I felt that we were working in separate departments ..... while it happens once in awhile and this is one of the reasons I am looking forward for a change .... maybe less dealing with people while be good for me. Well I am sure that I will meet new challenges in a new environment but I thank God that I have not stopped learning how to be more like Jesus ... how to learn self control over my actions and most of all ... my tongue .... because words once spoken ... cannot be taken back.

One of the reasons I wanted to change to a 8-5 job was that my health was deteriorating .... and I am so zonked out post call that all I want to do is rest when I get home. At least when I get my 8-5 job I can start planning out my exercise sessions. Another thing I was planning to do was to take the NIOSH course which is on Saturdays in Bangi. So many plans in my head .... hopefully I can carry them out. And Godwilling .... all will work fine.

Actually the main reason I want to get a transfer was that I felt that I am drifting away from God.... the One Who is the Lover of my soul ... the One Who alone can complete me ...... I was missing out on my Sunday church services .... there are days I felt that I just wanna stay home and feel that I am better off by myself instead of walking into a church where I feel like a stranger. Somehow I still can't seem to fit into any churches here yet. I only attend church when I am back in hometown. So with this transfer ..... I told myself that I am gonna be active in church again ... to draw closer to Him ... time for God and me. And hopefully I will be able to be "thick skinned" and eventually find myself a church where I can grow, to serve and to belong.

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Right decision. I hope you are doing well in your coming new job and having a closer intimate relationship with God soon. I find that you should come to my present church. You will find what you want here. Do spend one Sunday (except 3rd Sunday of the month)to visit this church and you in your spirit will know what I mean.
Bethel Centre, Jalan Kenari, Puchong Jaya (behind HSBC Bank).
God bless you!!!

Uncle Michael's say said...

Brother, we are help to support you, God is with you through it all =)...

fatboybakes said...

are you posted to ho chi minh city?

Lifebook said...

Go around town and check on the Church.. I am sure you should able to find one soon.

Bahija said...

Hi, try to visit FGT with Bahija , perhaps that is the 'church' u r looking for ......

Syl Fyn said...

I'm really glad to hear that you're looking forward to the change! I'm sure things will be a lot better. Trust me. I did it! And it's been great! I have more time for myself, my family and friends! All the best!