Monday, 9 June 2008

Ho Chi Minh Here I come

Greetings from Ho Chi Minh City

Got on the flight and was craving for the nasi lemak.... ordered the nasi lemak combo with green tea and it was yummy.
It was already dark by the time we landed in Ho Chi Minh City. It was a pleasant surprise to see that there was a driver to pick us up from the airport to the hotel that we will be staying.

The street was buzzling with life....and I have never seen so many motorcycles before...... even though it was haphazard ... everyone gave way to one another with constant honking.
After we checked in .... we decided to go out for a walk to find some local food and we stumbled upon this restaurant which is open 24 hours.... and the prices are fixed. It was a nice ambience when we walked in and we were greeted with the local warmness though not everyone understood English. Good thing there were pictures for me to point to and also english translation.

They provided chrysanthemum tea deliciously chilled.
Very yummy juicy prawn and minced pork spring rolls

It was the best milk coffee I had tasted !!!!!!

I ordered the beef balls noodle :)

Paid the bill and they gave me 4 chewing gum .... very nice touch
This is the restaurant I went to.

Ok good night ..... I am happy that there is free wireless access in my hotel .... gotta hit the sack ... will be out the whole day tomorrow for a trip to Mekong Delta .... more pictures later .

11 comments:

day-dreamer said...

Looks nice. Haha. Enjoy your trip there!

[danial][ma] said...

hej! happy holidaying...

niCk said...

eat the original pho (beed noodles)!!!

take cuchi tunnel challenge.

go halong bay...

Vietnam is nice!!! hehehe

fibrate said...

Enjoy your trip! :)

Kok Hon said...

they dont have sen coins one, which explains why they give you chewing gums along with your change. 1 chewing gum = 10 sen, get it?

TZ said...

I should have go with you lah ... so nice :-> Since i have nothing to do over in KL... Anyway, enjoy your trip in Vietnam.

Chen said...

crossing the main road in Ho Chi Minh City is indeed a nightmare. Hahaha.

Yeah, they give sweets, lollipop and candies in return for small change :)

rubberseeds said...

Your HCMC entry really makes me wanting to go there again! I have been there 7 times since 1994 and I really love the food there.

kyh said...

more more more! :D

btw, what dslr r u using? canon 350d?

rubberseeds said...

I am using Nikon D40x, planning to upgrade to D300 soon. Previously I was mainly using medium format cameras.

sbanboy said...

day dreamer
I had a great time :)

danial ma
thanks man

nick
Wah you have been everywhere

fibrate
Thanks :)

kok hon
Wah which explains why I got so many chewing gum

tz
Yeah loh you should have come along

chen
I survived HCMC Streets

rubberseeds
You should go ... there are alot of development.

kyh
I am using Finepix F47FD and Canon 350D

rubberseeds
Wow I was thinking of jumping boat to Nikon due to D300 and D3 ...hehe

D300 is an awesome camera :)