Wednesday, 28 May 2008

Time really flies


Just a few more days and I will be boarding the flight back to KL and what I have experienced here will just be a passing memory. This place had taught me to slow down ... the first few days I was driving around like a mad man .... as most of the people here were driving at 40 km/hour and they were never in a hurry ... it was this city infested fat bum who had his fat foot constantly on the gas pedal who was in a hurry to reach somewhere and not knowing why he need to get there so fast in the first place. ...... so here I learned to slow down..... I mean I really slowed down. Now I am constantly in the slow lane .... following the others...... Blood pressure normalized .... breathing normalized ...... body ache and headache less. Labuan taught me to savor life and taught me to live life with the bare minimal .... only what was necessary was required .... nothing surplus. And here I know I can really start saving some money and finally get cured of my addiction towards being a gadget freak.

The people here are very warm and friendly. The Anglican church I attended last week was one of the few churches where I felt at home as soon as I stepped in.

I have even considered getting a transfer to Labuan ...but not now .. I still much to do .. maybe when I am about to retire ...... I feel that age is catching up and I find myself slowing down nowadays. I have abused my body for too long already ... the long working hours and sleep debt are finally taking their toil on me. I am glad that I was given the opportunity to come here ... as it was refreshing to me .... both spirit and body.

Time really flies ......

3 comments:

day-dreamer said...

Maybe you're not too suitable for KL life after all!

But it's true that you sometimes have to slow down to see things you missed when you were too fast. :)

TZ said...

Glad to hear that you are enjoying yourself in Labuan... :-> I like Sabah very much ... the seafood, the environment...

Chen said...

driving at 40 km/hr?
Gosh... :P