Thursday, 15 May 2008

My fight against my oily skin !!

I have been struggling with oily skin since my teenage years ... I thought that as I "aged" gracefully through the years that my oily skin problems will just go away. I never struggled much with acne or pimples ... it is just that my face seems to be drenched by oil when it is noon at work. So I am still trying to figure out what to do with my oily skin. I bought these few products from Guardian Pharmacy which were on sale...... hopefully it will make the oily skin more bearable. I have not gone for any facials or facial treatment.

Anyone has any tips or suggestions ? Thanks :)

6 comments:

Cytusm said...

Sebum is supposed to keep the skin moisturized. Over-production can lead to acne. Non of the 'over the counter' (OTC) facial product has been shown to reduce the sebum production. Suggest to wipe the face with tissue paper often to make the 'oily' effect less obvious. Some systemic agent can reduce the sebum production, but with considerable side effects, which does not justify the use if acne is not a problem.

zeroimpact said...

Hey... thanks for dropping by
I believe in clean and clear
However, washing at work just seem so weird
I think daily morning and evening after work should work
By the way, try the facial, it's really good therapy
:)

Tracy said...

you try to surf these websites and blogs for more info.

http://www.indiaparenting.com/faqs/beauty/oily_skin.shtml

http://health.howstuffworks.com/home-remedies-for-oily-skin1.htm

http://www.naturalskincaresecrets.com/oily-skin-remedy.html

http://www.beautyden.com/oilyskincare.shtml

[danial][ma] said...

hej! just frequently wash your face with warm water and pat it dry...

DrFrappucino said...

ever thinking on skin care treatment, hmm SK II.. or NY skincare :)

Las montañas said...

I have oily and sensitive skin. Using dermologists' approved products like Neostrata and Theurapeutic. These are gentle plus AHA/BHA products with glycogeric based washing helps on the oily condition.