Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Labuan here I come

I am currently at Labuan ....... I had to help out the shortage of doctors in the anaesthesia department for 2 weeks till June 1st. I arrived yesterday ... walking around like a zombie. I got up at about 4 am to catch the flight at about 7 50 am ... arrived in Labuan at about 1030 am...checked into the hospital .. took a short nap and off I go to the hospital at about noon. So everything which happened to me yesterday was a "blur" to me.

My hotel provides internet at a price .... oh well ....

Anyway I took AirAsia to Labuan... it was pleasant flight ... no delays.


Love the blue sky

Inside AirAsia



Approaching Labuan Island



Landed in Labuan Airport.

The hospital sent one of the drivers to pick me up and drop me off at the hotel .... and he came later to pick me up from the hotel to go to hotel....by the time I reached the hospital I was famished .... managed to grab something to eat at the canteen in hospital. I was shown around the hospital .... the people here are very laid back and very very friendly. I missed working in a small hospital.

The hospital van dropped me back to the hotel after work.

As I was super zonked out .... I had my first meal in Labuan at KFC which was just walking distance from my hotel...... slept in early about 10 pm.



I can't wait to be fully conscious and alert today and after work I wanna go buy some duty free chocolate ... yummy

6 comments:

day-dreamer said...

Have fun in Labuan!

TZ said...

I never been to Labuan... i bet it will be a nice island. If i'm not going to Uganda, I will be flying to Labuan for my vacation... hehehe :->

[danial][ma] said...

hej! enjoy your time in labuan...and if you have the time, just ask your driver to bring you around the island...

Josh said...

My sis and family is in Labuan. She own a stationery shop.

Do enjoy the seafood there. VERY fresh.

Bahija said...

Hi, there is this Canon Photography contest, I think you should try , yours are good :)
1st prize - Canon EOS 40D Kit, 2nd prize - Canon EOS 450D Kit , 3rd prize - Canon EOS 400D Kit , Consolation prizes ( x10 ) - ES20 Selphy Printers. You need to shoot the selected models and win. Open to all amateurs and professionals. Go to KLCC on May 31. Final registration at 2:30 pm, contest starts at 3:30 pm....

alamak, after i typed out this long details, realized u shld be still in Labuan leh :( ... pass around this info to ur kakies la...

Lifebook said...

Do you say chocolate? I want! I want!! :P