Thursday, 1 May 2008

Child like faith

Life is full of surprises, challenges, trials and lessons to learn. Every time I feel like giving up .... despairing .... life teaches me a lesson and gives me the strength and motivation to carry on another day.

These 2 kids were patients who had to undergo frequent radiotherapy for the tumour growing in side their bodies. They were always chirpy ..... they would cry when I had to put them to sleep for the procedure but when they wake up ... when they see their parents ... they are back to their chirpy selves. Their smiles makes it worth it when I work non stop and long hours ..... that life is worth living.



Many times I had asked God that I will have simple faith like a child ...... I tend to analyze things too much ...... may God grant me child like faith .... to trust in Him, to look to Him alone and smile knowing that He holds me close and will never forsake me .... because of Him.... I can go on another day.

4 comments:

Bahija said...

Hi Hi ...I am Bahija, Tze Ee's friend. I'm listening to this song 'In Christ Alone' now, and reading your blog. Indeed - life is very valuable and worth to live (despite the ups and downs)! Many folks around us are struggling to get by, u and me are blessed & shld stand firm , continue to walk our faith and continue our life journey with joy ! Many times, when I needed God, He's there for me, I'm so grateful for my Loving Father Lord. Brother, do have Faith :)

In Christ Alone :-
In Christ alone will I glory
Though I could pride myself in battles won
For I’ve been blessed beyond measure
And by His strength alone I’ll overcome
Oh, I could stop and count successes like diamonds in my hands
But those trophies could not equal to the grace by which I stand

In Christ alone
I place my trust
And find my glory in the power of the cross
In every victory
Let it be said of me
My source of strength
My source of hope
Is Christ alone

In Christ alone do I glory
For only by His grace I am redeemed
For only His tender mercy
Could reach beyond my weakness to my need
And now I seek no greater honor in just to know Him more
And to count my gains but losses to the glory of my Lord

In Christ alone
I place my trust
And find my glory in the power of the cross
In every victory
Let it be said of me
My source of strength
My source of hope
Is Christ alone

Robin said...

yes, life is full of miracle and it is important to know that practising medicine is one of them.

Glad you are still doing well.

Stupe said...

Having a son (and soon a daughter) myself, i can't help but feel sad for these kids. They deserves more than just what they are going through.

fatboybakes said...

hi, came here from crew's brew blog. keep up the good work, it must be very rewarding being a doctor. i'm sure God will/has/is used/using you mightily.