Saturday, 19 April 2008

Sorry sir .... you have to pay for your own parking

I was staying in this "5 STARS" Hotel in Bukit Bintang .... actually my friend managed to get it off Lelong for a measly amount as people were selling their free one night stay at the hotel. So we decided to hang out at Bukit Bintang and the best part was I was able to walk around in Low Yat for a few hours .... as most of the time I will go to Low Yat after work and will have to rush to get what I want and scoot off home. This time I was able to take my own sweet time and found most of the "little" things which I have been looking for ages. :) Of course I walked out of Low Yat with a hole in my wallet. I think I will have to fast for a few days now.

Well it was a fun and tiring day ... after dinner we went back to the hotel and parked my car in the basement and went to the service counter to claim for the car park ticket since we were guest at the hotel .... and we get this statement from the hotel clerk " Sorry sir ... hotel guests have to pay for their own car park." Duh !!!! What !!!!!! #$%@%#!$%!$#% Hey I even got free parking at Gurney Hotel in Penang and that was only a "3 STARS" hotel !!!!!! Anyway that will be the first and last time I will be staying in that hotel. It seems that they ARE CHARGING FOR EVERYTHING !!!! I thought I will have to pay like 10 bucks just to use the toilet in the lobby ... well thankfully the toilet was free. Anyway imagine my horror when I plugged in the LAN cable into my Macbook, thinking that I will be able to surf the net and download podcasts for my ipod ..... and update my blog .... surf the net ..... and here I am redirected to this "5 STARS" Hotel webpage stating that 1 hour costs RM 34 and 1 days costs RM 74 and the list goes on !!!!!!!! For crying out loud !!!! I got free internet access at Gurney Hotel in Penang !!!!!!!!

So go figure which hotel this is ... Starts with "W" and ends with "N" and it is opposite the Pavilion Shopping Mall.

6 comments:

day-dreamer said...

o.O

Eh Gurney Hotel only three stars? There quite nice leh...

[danial][ma] said...

hej! hahahaha...me too, i have to pay the parking when i stayed at KLIA Pan Pac...

Cytusm said...

Budget hotels like StayOrange and RegaLodge even have free WiFi.

fibrate said...

Well most 5-star hotels these days charge a flat rate for hotel guests. I do agree that the Internet charge is exorbitant!

CP Waterman said...

A "5 STAR" hotel doing this? They could have up their hotel rate a little to take care of all these petty things like parking & internet surfing. People who can afford to stay there won't mind a bit. But to make them pay for parking is like telling people not to come back woh!

The whole management team ought to be "FIRED" immediately!!!

Thanks for info, we will check these details before booking.

TZ said...

I know the Hotel start with W and end with N.. this has to be Westin Hotel... hey it's a nice and expensive hotel thot :->

So you got an IPod eh!...