Tuesday, 22 April 2008

Life is fragile

More and more each day .... I am reminded that life is short ..... we so often take for granted ... our health ..... we make plans for the future .... we buy insurance.... we plan to buy the next big house or a bigger car .... we plan to make a name for ourselves ..... making a 5 year , 10 year plan ... etc ... more and more I am reminded that our life is fragile ..... we are just stewards of the time and resources which have been given to us before it is taken away ... before our time is up.... how should I live my life then ? Live like there is no tomorrow ? Live for the moment ? To take risks ? To love and be loved like never before ...... to open my heart, to be vulnerable .... because time waits for no man. It was a reminder to me .... to evaluate my life and decide what I should live for ??? How must I live my life ???

I just received a phone call from my sister that a person who is dear to my family had just collapsed at home ..... he is currently at a hospital now .... waiting for the doctor to resuscitate him. No one knows how long he had collapsed at home. The chances are slim.....very slim. He lives by himself and we have taken him in as one of our family members..... as he is only left with his sister who is married.

I said a prayer for him .... reminding myself that I will live in the moment. That I will not take my life for granted.

UPDATE : He has been officially proclaimed dead.

7 comments:

day-dreamer said...

My condolences.

Josh said...

Live our days as if it's the last day before we hand in our life's report to God the next day.

I'm sorry to hear about the news.

Please take care, brother.

TZ said...

Sorry to hear about it.... take care dude.

[danial][ma] said...

hej! sorry to hear that and i offer my pray for him, may he will be ok...and as for our life, may we always be surrounded by people we love and people who love us...life is short but we just live to the fullest...appreciate every moment of the time we borrow...just live on the borrowed time...

Las montañas said...

Always remember, our life here is about a brief sojourn. When our father calls us home, we should be extremely glad that from that point onwards, the imperfections of this world will forever be gone.

[danial][ma] said...

hej! deepest condolences to his family...may he rest in peace...

Robin said...

The biggest deception is life; and the biggest rtuth is death.