Thursday, 10 April 2008

Feeling better and barley water

Finally a bit better today. The purging is less now and I am forcing myself to drink more water. Though my tummy still feels a bit weird. Well since I had locked myself up for about 72 hours in my apartment .... I decided to go out for dinner today. I did not know that physically I was still weak..... I felt kinda dizzy as I walked to my car and drove to Tesco. Anyway I managed to reach Tesco in one piece. I had dinner at Esquire Kitchen and I ordered the set meal for RM 9.90 which consist of a herbal soup and rice with chicken in oyster sauce ... which was yummy. Finally I can taste something .... as the past few days ... everything tasted bland to me.


One of my friends suggested that I make some barley drink and I bought a packet of organic barley from Tesco. I have made this drink for myself before ... usually it was mom who made the barley drink. I had to google to figure out how to make it .... hopefully I get it right ... at least I can keep some chilled in the fridge and bring it to work tomorrow when I am on call.


The multi cooker my sister left behind for me. It can slow cook, boil, fry and steam.

Well as one of my dear friends sms me earlier today .... and she quoted this " During overseas, getting sick alone is the most heartbroken moment.." I know exactly what she meant and how she felt. I never felt so alone until I fell sick this time. It was the worst ever ... last time I will be up and around in a day or two. This time I was down for about 4 days !!!! It made me realized a few things .... what else is there to do besides watching TV, sleeping, purging, drinking water, groaning in pain and soul searching.

What I realized :
1. God must be the highest priority in my life ( I have been slacking )
2. Life is fragile
3. I am getting old !!!
4. I have been taking my health for granted
5. Time waits for no man
6. I need to do the things that I want to do before it is too late
7. I need to find my other half (at least if I collapse at home ... someone will know and call the ambulance)
8. I must save up to go traveling before arthritis set in (yes Las Montanas ... I will go myself if I have to :) )
9. I must not be afraid to venture into the unknown

I want to thank all those who had called, sms me, messaged me, left comments, sent me emails, offered to do my calls, ran my OT and did my pre med for me, etc .... I really appreciate it

10 comments:

Tracy said...

Praise God! Glad to hear that you are feeling better. I suddenly remember the place to buy the honey preserved lime. It's good for soothing your sore throat and heatiness even for quenching the thirst and lost appetite. You can get it at the price of RM12.50,from 'The House of Fishball' next to BP Lab and EON Bank at SS15, Subang Jaya. By the way, the fishball is quite nice too. All the best to you on your Friday on-call. God bless.

day-dreamer said...

I understand totally how terrible it must have felt to have endured it all alone there. I have personally experienced it too and only one word could describe it: sucks. And my food poisoning lasted for one whole week! -_-"


But... I thought chilled drinks are better avoided when not feeling well? Hehe.

dobbs said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Will pray for your continued recovery.

TZ said...

glad you are feeling better... :->

just me said...

For diarrohea, drink concentrated tea( boh tea) don't add sugar or milk

[danial][ma] said...

hej! hope you have feeling better...

Chev said...

Glad to hear that u r feeling better. Will keep you in prayers and hope u get well soon.

Clockwise said...

Oh dear, just came and realised that you have been unwell.

Glad to know that you are feeling better.

Las montañas said...

Be comforted that God watches over us even while we groan with pain and discomfort. Have faith, because each trying moment tests our faith and closeness with God. Know that He is with you alway, even unto the end of the world. With this hope, we can continue to recover from our ailment/pain. Remember, a positive mindset is important towards recovery.

Yes, drink lots of Barley.. anti-pyretic stuff I read. Add some glucose for some energy. I too just recovered from a bout of gastric flu last week and was so dizzy I couldn't get out of bed!

paul said...

hello! like to share with you this:
http://www.islamtomorrow.com/
http://www.islamcode.com/