Sunday, 20 January 2008

How time flies ......

Time really flies .... it is already 2008 and the clock it ticking away. I have been back to GHKL for nearly 2 months now. I have been keeping myself busy ..... getting involved. Moving on with life. I have been cracking my head thinking about what to do with my life .... outside : I was keeping a smile on my face ... inside : I was thinking about what I wanna do with my life.

I was getting quite restless until one day Kok Hon reminded me to just rest in God and trust His will and timing. And I was reminded about what are the priorities in my life. Right now the priorities are as follows ... God, my health, my family, my friends ..... I had put my life on hold for too long.

That is why I am learning to slow down ..... to rest ..... to smell the roses ... to live life to the fullest ..... my health ..... my family .... my friends ..... learning to rest in Him. Learning to abandon myself unconditionally and completely to God ... knowing that His will is always the best. Yes in His time ... in His time.



In His time, in His time

He makes all things beautiful, in His time,

Lord, please show me everyday,

As You’re teaching me Your way,

That You do just what You say, in Your time.



In Your time, in Your time,

You make all things beautiful, in Your time.

Lord, my life to Your I bring,

May each song I have to sing,

Be to You a lovely thing, in Your time.

Words and Music by Diana Ball

4 comments:

cdason said...

I know that song.. Nice song!!

Yan said...

Yes, be still and wait upon the Lord.

Not the world's lies, but
His eternal truth,
Not our plans, but
His divine plans,
Not our self-gratifying desires, but
His glorious promises

Besides that In His Time, there is another hymn that always bring much much hope and comfort. Heard of "The Hymn of Promise"?

Here is the lyrics -

In the bulb there is a flower;
In the seed, an apple tree;
In cocoons, a hidden promise: butterflies will soon be free!
In the cold and snow of winter there’s a spring that waits to be,
Unrevealed until its season, something God alone can see.

There’s a song in every silence, seeking word and melody;
There’s a dawn in every darkness, bringing hope to you and me.
From the past will come the future; what it holds, a mystery,
Unrevealed until its season, something God alone can see.

In our end is our beginning; in our time, infinity;
In our doubt there is believing; in our life, eternity,
In our death, a resurrection; at the last, a victory,
Unrevealed until its season, something God alone can see.

just me said...

Phil 3v16...Obeying God in what you know ( be it little or much or mundane)

will pave the way for " God to make clear to you" phil4v15 His will for you.

just me said...

correction..second verse is phil 3v15