Saturday, 8 December 2007

Migraine Triggers




Hmmm I thought after my exams that I will have less migraine attacks but I was wrong... been having migraines for the last 5 days and it kinda cripples me ... I am glad that I was not working this week.  Slept, took panadol, etc but it is still there... that constant nagging pain.  Blood pressure is quite ok ... still under treatment.

Did some "googling" and came up with this list.

Will try to rule it out one by one and be more sensitive to what triggers my migraine attacks

Potential Migraine Triggers

Food & food additives
Alcohol (especially red wine), caffeinated beverages, nuts, nitrite/nitrate-preserved foods (hot dogs, pepperoni), smoked or pickled foods.

Light
Strong or glaring light. Flickering lights from TV or computer screen, strobe or laser lights, or reflections.

Smells/odors
Intense, specific food odors, cigarette or other smoke, perfumes, cleaning products.

Stress
Migraine attacks often occur after stress - especially on weekends and holidays. Many people mistake these as tension headaches.

Weather Changes
High humidity, atmospheric pressure changes, rapid temperature fluctuations, and exposure to extreme heat or cold may bring on migraine attacks. Many people mistake these for "sinus headaches."

Changes in sleeping habits
Too little, or more often, too much sleep can trigger migraines.

Dieting/hunger
Any change in eating habits, missed meals, change in schedule or dieting.

Loud noises/sounds
Sudden or prolonged loud noises.

Motion/travel
Reaction to motion sickness.

Caffeine
Having more (and sometimes even having less) caffeine than you are used to can trigger migraines.

Hormonal Fluctuations
The frequency of women's migraines is sometimes said to be related to hormonal fluctuation, particularly with regard to estrogen. In many women, migraines begin just prior to, or during, their monthly menstrual period, or during treatment with hormone therapy such as birth control pills or estrogen replacement.


I hope I will recover soon .... or maybe I did not know that I had abused and neglected my health so much that it is finally take time to recover.  I had been resting and trying not to think too much.  Anyway I will start work in GHKL again next week and I will start my call again on Thursday.  It will be busy and tiring again in GHKL.  I am still praying about what I should do ...... I am keeping my options open and a few friends had approached me with job offers which looked promising.  Maybe it is time to do something for myself.  Save up for my wedding and traveling funds.    At least during this period .... it showed me who were my true friends .... some remained distant and silent, while some were supportive and gave me ideas and suggestions and there were some with job offers.   

Top on my list is my health....... the juices had helped ..... kinda like a detoxifying effect during the first few days.... will keep it up.  Finally I am taking fruits ... I used to be so lazy to take fruits coz I had to peel them etc ... now I just drop them into a juicer ... and voila .... yummy nutritious healing juices :)

5 comments:

TZ said...

Buddy, take good care of yourself... keep up with the healthy food... can i nag again ah! Less fast food eh and start exercise once you recovered! :-p

"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going"

day-dreamer said...

I really hope your migraine problems leave you for good.

Happy weekend :)

~Just a guest~ said...

Hey,

What do you do when, even your best friend gives up on you?

Been going through a rough patch for the last little while, but i still have not seen the light at the end of tunnel yet. Will the light ever come?

sbanboy said...

tz
Yup learning how to take care of myself :)

day dreamer
Thanks alot

just a guest
Even when humans give up on us ... Jesus will NEVER give up on us. Many times ...we dont see the light because we want things to happen our way. Let go and let Him take over ... may His will be done and may you have strength to keep going on each day. ... You are never alone because He has promised that He will never leave you nor forsake you. Hang in there. His timing is always perfect. And He will never let you go through more than you can handle. Take k. Will keep you in prayer.

Josh said...

mind to share what are the detoxifying effects you'd experienced?