Saturday, 10 November 2007

Home : a haven of rest

Count down : just another 4 days to go before my exams.   

Really feel like I don't remember anything.  My books are so worn out and they look like I just salvaged them from the trash.... all highlighted .... little notes on the side .... and every time I read them ...  I don't seem to be able to recall most of the minor details.  But I am glad and thankful to God for what I had gone through,  I had learned to keep going on and all the bashing from previous failures had made me realize a lot of things about myself which would not be revealed if everything was a bed of roses.  Most important, I had learned to accept myself for who I am ... my weakness and strengths.  I had learned to be comfortable and confident in my own skin because of Who God is... and how He see me.

2 Corinthians 12:9 (The Message)

7-10Because of the extravagance of those revelations, and so I wouldn't get a big head, I was given the gift of a handicap to keep me in constant touch with my limitations. Satan's angel did his best to get me down; what he in fact did was push me to my knees. No danger then of walking around high and mighty! At first I didn't think of it as a gift, and begged God to remove it. Three times I did that, and then he told me,

My grace is enough; it's all you need.
My strength comes into its own in your weakness.
Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ's strength moving in on my weakness. Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size—abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks. I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become.


I found this version of 2 Cor 12:9-10 from "The Message" which really spoke to me.   This is exactly what I am doing now ... I quit focusing on my "handicap" and began to appreciate God for the gift...what my portion is right now.  One step at a time... hand in hand with God.

These few years, I had met some great friends ... some lasted and some did not.  I had learned not to hold on so tightly to anything or anyone.  Some did not last due to some misunderstandings which I felt could be worked out if we sat down and talked about it but some prefer the silent treatment and just drop you out of their lives inspite of what you had done for them and what you had go through together.   Some already judged you even before taking the trouble to get to know you for who you are.  So in the end, I realized you can't please everyone.  So I thank God for those who still stuck around and remain as my good friends.... who I can be myself with.... with nothing to prove or to impress....and they had accepted me for just being me.

Yes I had learned a lot of things.  Some are painful, some are happy....but all of them makes life worth living.  I am happy that I am still alive and that I still have a place called Home ... my haven of rest.

PS : sorry if I had not been blog hopping lately ... I will be back in full force after my exams ...hehe..cya

12 comments:

TZ said...

Bro, forget about blogging... concentrate on your study eh!

We could wait for your update after your exam... :-p

sbanboy said...

tz
No worries bro ... only took me like 5 minutes ...and blogging for me is therapeutic.... each have their own ways to wind down.

Thanks for the concern

winniethepooh said...

good luck for ur exams! stay cool and calm, all will be well :)

Josh said...

Finally you'd updated your blog. Get sufficient sleep, brain can't work well without good sleep.

You're in my prayer.

Stephanie said...

yes, God's grace is enough. He loves us for who we are. Not because of our abilities and credits. He loves us before we're born, and will still love us even if we do very very stupid or silly things in life..:)
good luck and God bless.

Chen said...

all the best ya :)

CP Waterman said...

Just enjoy yourself with the exam.
God bless!

fibrate said...

Do your best!

raymond said...

hey dude.....good luck man!u WILL do it this time for sure!

Jayce said...

May God guides you all the way... :)

doc said...

hope it's not too late to wish you the very best!

sbanboy said...

Thanks guys :)

Appreciate it