Tuesday, 25 September 2007

Dead tired

Was on call yesterday .... it was not very busy ... no matter what I am still not able to rest well when I am on call .... I was always worried that I might not hear the pager or the phone ring .... and even though I get about 3 hours of sleep ... I am still zonked out the next day when I am post call.  Like today I came back to my apartment and I collapsed till about 3 pm.   And I still feel really zonked.

Anyway I am gonna take a bath ... have dinner and hit the books.  Beginning to think that maybe this is not for me .... I am tired of doing 24 hours on call .... my body is being abused over and over again.  Well one more time .... just one more time. 

6 comments:

TZ said...

regular exercise is the magic word. Try to slowly build up ur stamina.

bro, take care eh!

Anonymous said...

wonder why we ever picked medicine study for years .. and then no life ! Glad Christ is our life and supply .

yltan said...

anonymous: erm..perhaps we dedicated all our life to help others with their lifes? hehhee

day-dreamer said...

Hope you can get out of this state soon. Add oil!!

winniethepooh said...

hmm,if tired, then rest rest..if not, try doing 'normal clinic doc' for a while instead of 24 hours emergency doc? take care!

Judy said...

Hang in there. Pray that God gives you the strength.
Everybody goes through that feeling every now and then, esp doctors on call!