Saturday, 11 August 2007

Siem Reap : Old Market

After visiting the crafts workshop, we head over to the Old Market area to get some souvenirs. It was fulls of life and colors and of course I could not stop taking photos ... :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Full of rich colours .....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The inner wet market ... full of life and yummy delicacies and fresh vegetables.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Erm BBQ spiders anyone ??? I did not try it though it was tempting ... no one in the group was willing to give it a shot ...hehe

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Crabs anyone ??

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Next we finally found a souvenir shop which we could bargain and get a reasonable price.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I bought my cap here for 2 USD ... as I forget to bring mine along. Who can resist 2 beautiful girls who kept saying .. Sir we give you discount .. we give good "plice" ... well I could not resist their charm so I ended up buying the cap and later one I bought magnet souvenirs for my fridge at home.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saw this kid running around and I had to take a picture ... he was not afraid of strangers.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Grilled Bananas anyone ? I tried some and it was yummy ... no tummy upset. They were selling for about 0.25 USD I think..

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yummy pancakes

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Grilled corn .... with a warm friendly face :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Motorbikes everywhere !!!! and NO HELMETS !!!! But according to my tour guide ... accident rate is low as people do drive slowly and give in to one another ..

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Next will be heading over to Tonle Sap Lake ... more photos later

Tonight we will be celebrating mom's birthday which is on August 15th... but we will be celebrating earlier. I will be on call tomorrow .. :(

*** Trying something new ... pictures are hosted by Photobucket as it is easier to upload multiple pictures at a time .... will see how it goes :)

13 comments:

fibrate said...

Nice shots! Err...why were you promoting Thailand tourism while in Cambodia? :)

sbanboy said...

fibrate
Thanks alot ...hehe ... more to come

Yeah loh just realized that I wore the Thailand t shirt woh .. ;)

Chen said...

Nice & colourful photos. No way I will try those BBQ spiders. Hahhaa, nice to see but I won't eat them definitely :P

i wanna go siem reap too..
might be end of the year
see how :D

Kok Hon said...

Aisey bro...should have went for the spiders...it is deep fried salted tarantulas by the way...very delicious. Once featured in Ripley's tv show.

Judy said...

Love the pictures. They've sold me. I feel like I want to go, I want to be there. :)

winniethepooh said...

very colourful indeed :) Are their handicrafts similar to Thailand's? As for those spiders..arhh, hmm.. think if i wont touch them when they are alive, i wont touch them when they are dead too lah! hehe

happy birthday to ur mommy too..nice of u kids to take time to celebrate with her :) oh..get her a bouquet of flowers too, sure she will be happy (most woman cannot resist receiving flowers (although they will say, "aiya waste money", but in their heart they will be smiling away for a few days at least)) hahaha

TZ said...

BBQ Spiders... I would say a big NO THANKS... I'm not too adventure on food... :-p

Those food looks so yummy at the old market but unfortunately my stomach is not that strong to try it. I usually will get stomachache after trying street food...

guess what? I got stomachache whenever i take street food @ Penang. During my few trip in Penang, i was quite okay... i think i'm improving... but still street food @ Cambodia, i still won't take the risk :->

Sbanboy, did you take any street food @ Cambodia?

Shah said...

Really cool pics u took bro. Glad u had a great time there. so when's our acid base & renal session? haha...

Dalantau said...

It look a bit like the Phillipines Market in Kota kinabalu to me especially when you mentioned crabs. Because in KK, the wet market is just close by to the crafts market. Surely had great fun in cambodia huh!

poohbearee said...

Your pics are v nice:)

Did you eat anything special there?

edina monsoon said...

Your pictures are lovely:) Have you ever considered publishing a photo book?? You should.

sbanboy said...

chen
you should go :)

kok hon
pengsan

judy
Should go at least once

winniethepooh
Thanks :)

tz
Yup I did try some street food :) And I survived !!! Hehe

shah
thanks alot
We start next week ?

dalantau
Yup I wont forget Cambodia

poohbearee
thanks

I ate grilled banana :)

edina
thanks for dropping by :)

Publish a photobook ...hmmm :)

jane said...

hi there, loving ur pics.. so nice! the kid is so cute! :D I wanna go there too... hopefully by next year :D