Sunday, 15 July 2007

Majesty ( Here I Am ) by Delirious


Majesty (Here I Am)

Here I am humbled by your Majesty
Covered by your grace so free
Here I am, knowing I'm a sinful man
Covered by the blood of the Lamb

Now I've found the greatest love of all is mine
Since you laid down your life
The greatest sacrifice

Majesty, Majesty
Your grace has found me just as I am
Empty handed, but alive in your hands
Majesty, Majesty
Forever I am changed by your love
In the presence of your Majesty
Here I am humbled by the love that you give
Forgiven so that I can forgive
Here I stand, knowing that I'm your desire
Sanctified by glory and fire

Now I've found the greatest love of all is mine
Since you laid down your life
The greatest sacrifice


This song was sung this morning at the church I attended. The part that really hit me was the chorus .... "Your grace has found me just as I am, empty handed, BUT alive in Your hands"
I was reminded that I did not love Him first but He first loved me ... He came to woo me ... to captivate my heart ..... my broken life .... the weaknesses and emptiness ... He wanted it all ... all of me. Yes His grace found me ... He knew that there was nothing I could offer Him ... I was empty handed with nothing to offer except my broken life. When I decrease and Christ increases in Him ... that is when I become truly alive in Him.

It never cease to amaze me that God will choose such fragile vessels like humans to bear His love and trademark. We are so fickle minded, prone to forget, we each have own agenda .... I have lost count how many times I have hurt Him and went my own way ... but yet His love draws me back because He knows that I am only truly alive when my life is in His hands. What a wonderful God. That the God of the universe would choose me. The object of His love and attention.

Thank You God. You will never cease to amaze me. I am truly Yours and Yours alone. I am hopelessly in love with You and I will die the very moment when I am separated from You. Amen

3 comments:

Judy said...

This song when it was sung in our church would affect me as well like some of the other songs, especially the older ones.
Thank you for this reminder. He is indeed Majestic and worthy of our praise and worship.

yanz said...

thanks for sharing this,it'd come at the right time... love this song, haven't sang it for so long i'd forgotten it... =)

sbanboy said...

judy
Amen

yanz
thanks for dropping by :)