Monday, 9 July 2007

Come to Me and I will give you rest .. Matthew 11:28-30


28 "Come to Me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 All of you, take up My yoke and learn from Me, because I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for yourselves. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Matthew 11:28-30 Holman Christian Standard Bible


I was back home last weekend and I managed to worship God in my home church. It was really refreshing. I attended the second service as my church has 2 services ... one at 800 am and the other one at 1030 am. Kok Hon led the worship and God was really moving in the midst of the church as we worshiped Him in unison. New songs broke forth. There were words of wisdom as people came forth to share what God had laid in their hearts. Loving Him for Who He is .... adoring Him because He alone is worthy.... not expecting anything in return but just to touch His heart... to love Him.

In the midst of it all as I knelt down before Him .... He spoke to my heart .... the still small voice in the midst of all the singing.... I am His and He is mine. I was captivated by God the One who had won my heart years ago and still continues to woo me with His tender unconditional love. The One Who sees me for who I really am .... the real "me".

"Come to Me and I will give you rest. Nothing else in this world can ever give you the rest you so desires. Everything is temporary but Me alone remain the same always. Things .... trips..... spas..... people..... money..... status.....will never satisfy you or give you the rest that I ALONE can provide. So come to Me ..... I will give you rest. Stop struggling. Stop fighting. Stop facing things in your own strength. Face them in My strength alone... My child ... oh how I love you and long to give you rest."

And that moment .... the tears will not stop flowing as His presence washed over and filled me to the overflowing. Chains were broken. Mental bondages were broken. Scales which blinded me fell off. Suddenly I realized again that I am His and He is mine. And I will rest in Him.

21 comments:

poohbearee said...

I must say it has been quite a long time since I felt excited abt God. The walk just became rather routine. Need to find the passion back again. Somehow.

Oh. You are Kok Hon's churchmate.

poohbearee said...

Btw, good that u r posting this. Some of the verses and words I need to be reminded. Thanks! :)

sbanboy said...

poohbearee
Yup I go to the same church with Kok Hon.

Yup ask Him to light that spark again.

My blog started coz I wanted to share about my walk with God and I will continue to do so.

Kok Hon said...

Praise be to God. Am glad that He touched you bro.

sbanboy said...

kok hon
Thanks bro for being sensitive to the Holy Spirit !! It was awesome !

CP Waterman said...

Jehovah Shammah,The LORD is here ,The LORD is with us. He will never leave us nor foresake us.Praise God that HE has ministered to you in a special way.
Thanks for this touching experience. I tried to put a comment this morning but failed without the word verification. I was going to seek your permission to append this to my blog for readers in a very large nation. May I?

Immanuel a.k.a dalantau said...

It always good to be reminded of how lovely our God is and how faithful he is. Experience it from different church sometimes work, as we become (I don't know) maybe less coutious about our surrounding.

sbanboy said...

cpwaterman
yup you may link this post to your blog so that He alone can be glorified

immanuel
I might pay your church a visit one day if I find it.

Yes I hope to find a church where I can settle down here in KL. To serve Him.

lynnx01 said...

I missed two weeks of church. Feeling really guilty now...

Yan said...

Yes, what peace we often forfeit,
what needless pain we bear.

God stands with arms outstretched to take all our burdens!

He Himself is Love.

I find these questions very helpful when my faith shakes -

Is it because of pride that I carry my own burden?
Do I doubt that God might fail me? Is my God too small for my big problems?
Do I doubt whether He truly loves and cares?

Thanks for sharing!

Chen said...

Praise be to God :)

Btw, u r tagged with this Charity Tag :)

Judy said...

This post made me cry. Just reading this, I was touched.
God see the humbling of your heart.
Glory to God.

The Yongs said...

Hi! Stumbled across you blog through Dr. Chen's blog site.

Thanks for sharing. I'm encouraged. Indeed, find rest in Him, he will restore us and make us soar with wings like eagles... Run and not faint!

Just wondering, where do you worship? We are at SIBKL.

andy
yongfamilyplace.blogspot.com

sbanboy said...

lynnx01
May you be refreshed in Him

yan
Thanks alot

You have given me words of wisdom and encouragement ... I thank God for mature believers who I can look up to :D

chen
Pengsan kena tagged again ... I still have poohbearee's and ah boy's tag to do .... pengsan

judy
May He refresh you and draw you closer... may He alone be glorifed

the yongs
Thanks for dropping by

I am still looking for a church to attend ... I will trying out FGA USJ this Sunday ... maybe I can drop by your church someday :)

sbanboy said...

the yongs
My home church is in Seremban ... Tabernacle of Worship.

Been looking for a church here to settle in :)

Immanuel a.k.a dalantau said...

Our landmark is Wisma Chinese Chamber, Jalan Ampang. Before Great Eastern Mall after Sucasa. You are most welcome brother. Sunday Service start at 10am. The bridge International church. I have the link at my blog. Argh, you know!

lynnx01 said...

DUMC!! I go to DUMC in KL. Hehehe.. :P

anastasia said...

I not just about you finding a church to settle down, it about Him finding you a church to settle down in.

And thanks for the post, it was a really good reminder and refresher of what I should know. It was beautiful =)

sbanboy said...

immanuel
will pop in one day ... Godwilling :)

lynnx01
Yup I have attended DUMC once :)

anastasia
Thanks :)

Sharon said...

HI, stumbled on ur blog.. Very encouraging & soul-baring. u r welcome to visit our church, CDPC in Subang Square Business Centre, SS15 Subang Jaya.

Anonymous said...

Come to Me and I will give you rest .. Matthew 11:28-30

This verse touched a chord in me today some how. I am indeed so weary and plodding on so to speak :)

Bengbeng