Friday, 22 June 2007

What if - Nicole Nordeman... a song for a friend


WHAT IF - Nicole Nordeman

What if you're right?
And he was just another nice guy
What if you're right?
What if it's true?
They say the cross will
only make a fool of you
And what if it's true?

What if he takes his palace in history
With all the prophets and the kings
Who taught us love and came in peace
But then the story ends
What then?

(Chours)
But what if you're wrong?
What if there's more?
What if there's hope you
never dreamed of hoping for?
What if you jump?
And just close your eyes?
What if the arms that catch you,
catch you by surprise?
What if He's more than enough?
What if it's love?

What if you dig,
What if you dig
Way down deeper
than your simple-minded friends
What if you dig?
What if you find
A thousand more unanswered questions
inside That's all you find

What if you pick apart the logic
And begin to poke the holes
What if the crown of thorns is no more
Then folklore that must be told and retold

(Chours)
You've been running as fast as you can
You've been looking for a place you can land so long
But what if you're wrong?

What if you jump?
And just close your eyes?
What if the arms that catch you,
catch you by surprise?
What if He's more than enough?
What if it's love?


A song for a dear friend ...... who I chatted with last night. He is struggling with alot of things. Holding on so tight to things which he knows he must let go. Not finding the peace which he so desperately needs. He evens doubts whether he is a Christian or not. What if you let go and let God take over ? What if you surrender and abandon yourself to God in order to gain your life back ? What if when you cannot feel Him, He is standing right there beside you ? What if ? So many questions and I pray that when you cannot feel His hands or His presence, you will learn to trust His heart because He loved you enough to die for you on the cross.

Our feelings are always like a roller coaster ... up and down and up and down ..... going in circles. Do we need to feel God to know that He is for us ? Maturity comes when we know Him so well that in spite of the circumstances around or what our heart and mind tells us otherwise or how we feel ... we will hold on fiercely to God and still believe Him ... "God said it, I believe it, That settles it." That is when "Head" knowledge becomes "Heart" knowledge and that is when nothing can shake us anymore.

So my friend... you are not alone. I will walk with you in this journey called life. But there are times when there are paths you must walk on your own.... you and God. May God give me the wisdom to hold back and let God do what He must in your life because He loves you so much to let you remain this way.

3 comments:

Las montañas said...

For your friend, read John chap14.

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27 KJV

Las montañas said...

If one is truly saved as a believer, he shall not doubt. For the below verses tell us that the Lord will ensure that we would be there with him till He comes again, and for now and ever.

KJV

John10:27
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

John10:28
and I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

John10:29
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

John10:30
I and my Father are one.

sbanboy said...

las montanas
Thanks bro :D