Tuesday, 26 June 2007

Sometimes ...it is hard .....


The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr


Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths Proverbs 3:5,6 (Amplified Bible)


Sometimes it is hard .... yes sometimes it is hard to fight the emotions that overwhelm and the thoughts that go through my mind ..... when the circumstances around me invoke past hurts and memories which used to bind me. When the weight of the world come crashing down on me, when I start comparing myself with others and what I am missing out on ..... I force myself to fix my eyes on Him again in order to maintain my sanity.... in order to move on with life.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference. Amen

5 comments:

L B said...

Life is hard here.. as long as we remain complicated.

CP Waterman said...

Remember how Joseph was tested and tried? Brother you are going up another level, just hang in there and "enjoy" the ride with God.


GOD FAILS NOT!



-H2O
Paris.

Musa said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful reminder..keep strong.. .

Bless you bro.

Dr ve Thru said...

Amen! Great post. People will let us down but God is forever faithful even though sometimes we are slow to acknowledge that.
Good encouragement from cp waterman

sbanboy said...

lb
very true

cp waterman
thanks bro :D

musa
thanks for dropping by

dr ve thru
Very true .... God never fails no matter what.