Friday, 29 June 2007

A prayer request ...


Life is back to the daily routine of going to work, dragging myself to library, doing 24 hours on calls, etc. This is my final attempt if the appeal gets through. The meeting will be end of this month and I will know if I will continue this path or another path. But for now I am preparing for the exams in November.

I was doing some spring cleaning of my room to get it ready so that I can study at home. Got rid of lots of junk.... ( it is amazing the things one can accumulate over time ) .. now my room feel more spacious, there is room to breath, to stretch out, to pray ....

At the back of my mind while I was talking to friends and planning out how to approach my upcoming exams in November ... one tiny voice kept nudging me ... "Put God first above all else and everything else will fall into place". There are times I will be looking inside to my own strengths and weaknesses and I will look at the mountain and cringe back in fear .... thinking that I can't do it. The mountain ahead look so overwhelming, so intimidating ... look so impossible. The past failures and experiences also confirm what I feel ..... but then the still small voice tell me to "Put God first, seek Him first above all else. Behold I am doing a new thing. Lean not on your understanding or past experiences. I am the Almighty God and you can do ALL things through ME. If only you will believe with your whole heart, mind and strength and not look to the right and left, and not waver. Though you might be tossed around by the waves around you, fix your eyes on Me and you will be anchored and safe in Me no matter what come your way."

So I have decided that I will do just that .... put Him first above all else.

First of all ... I need to find a church to settle in. I still have not found a church to call home over here in KL. Whenever I am free, I will drive back to Seremban to attend my home church ... (I have been there since 1988 when I accepted Christ into my heart). I want to find a church where I can call home, a place where I can belong to, a place where I can worship and serve Him, a place to love and be loved and fellowship. So if you guys know of any churches around USJ or Subang Jaya or Puchong ... do give me a buzz and I can drop by and visit your church and see where the Lord leads me. Yup that is the first thing I must settle.

So do pray along with me..... thanks for dropping by and the support over the years.

11 comments:

[danial][ma] said...

we will walk with you...

niCk said...

can go DUMC.
but it is not near puchong or subang ler...

Dr ve Thru said...

I sent an email to my friend about your post here. I don't know if her church is in any of the area you specified.
I pray that you will find a church that you will feel at home and a part of God's family.

eve said...

Err..there is one next to USJ9..I will find out fr my friend and let u know..k?

CP Waterman said...

Praise God! Redang was good for you.Its like Patmos Island to Apostle John where he received and wrote the Revelation.
Continue your sweet intimate fellowship with the Holy Spirit and God will show you the way.Don't spend your precious time go round hunting for a church YET,HE alone will speak clearly to you where to go.
Nov is just a stone throw away and you do need to start putting quality time ( however little you may have) into your preparation.
(You should see how people prepare themselves to run a PR in full marathon) But don't go overboard. You will do better if you can loosen up a bit.(Have you heard of the story about a monkey with its hand stuck in a coconut because it refuses to let go the banana that was placed inside by the hunter?)
Most importantly do have a good dosage of HIS word daily.I spend 1st half of the month in the Four Gospels and the 2nd half in the letters.A proverb plus 5 Psalms a day. And as and when I have time I plunge into the Old Testament.A good and healthy diet! hehe


"HE who calls you is faithful,who also will do it"

God bless!

day-dreamer said...

I wish all the best for you. :)

sbanboy said...

thanks guys :D

poohbearee said...

Not many churches in KL? Or you are comparing the ones in KL with your hometown church? Anyway, mayb I know u mean. I never did manage to find a church in my two years in bangalore also. Always ended up comparing with the one at home and also I was lazy. hehe.

Yep. Pray u will settle in a church soon. But dun need to stress to rush into in.

sbanboy said...

poohbearee
Thanks alot :D

I know exactly what you mean :D

dailymuscle said...

I do know of a church in USJ that meets every Sunday, at 5pm, in Auditorium 7 @ Sunway College. You really should check them out - they'll blow you away.

City Church KL
www.cckl.com.my

sbanboy said...

dailymuscle
Hey thanks for dropping by :)

Will check it out one day :)