Thursday, 7 June 2007

Oh how the years go by ....


Oh how the years go by - Amy Grant

In our times of trouble
We only had ourselves
Nobody else
No one there to save us
We had to save ourselves

And when the storms came through
They found me and you
Back to back together
And when the sun would shine
It was yours and mine
Yours and mine forever

Chorus:
And oh how the years go by
And oh how the love brings tears to my eyes
All through the changes the soul never dies
We fight, we laugh, we cry
As the years go by

There were times we stumbled
They thought they had us down
But we came around
How we rolled and rambled
We got lost and we got found
Now were back on solid ground

We took everything
All our times would bring
In this world of dangers
cause when your heart is strong
You know youre not alone
In this world of strangers

(repeat chorus)

And if we lose our way
Any night or day
Well well always be
Where we should be
Im there for you
And I know youre there for me

(repeat chorus twice)

As the years go by




Two weeks ago this was the song on repeat when I was driving back to Seremban to see my parents.... it brought tears to my eyes because God used the lyrics to speak straight to my heart....it was when I found out that I did not make it again for my primary exams...God reminded me again that the human spirit is resilient when He is the foundation .... and what had happened can make me stronger instead of making me down or depressed. God knows just the right song, the right person to send me a sms, a word or a phone call, a bible verse, a sermon.... He just knows me so well....and this journey was the turning point in my life ... things which used to break me ... not does not affect me anymore. Things which I was felt I was bound to, suddenly I dont feel the chains around me anymore... the feelings of loneliness and low self esteem which used to plague me...now had lost their hold over me. I am more at peace with myself .... warts and all...and all these years God had been trying to tell me that it was ok ... that I just needed to let go and let Him take over instead of facing it in my own strength. I did not have to prove anything to Him or anyone...well He sure knows how to corner me and I will not have it any other way . Oh how the years go by and I can see how far God had brought me ..

The roster maker in my hospital had been really kind to me .... giving me time off to sort things out regarding my appeal for the my final attempt for the primary exams. I guess it finally sinked in .... the thought of having to go through the same ordeal again. It had been mentally tiring .... but next week I will be going to Redang for a 4 days trip with a friend and some strangers who will be going for scuba diving.... but it is ok ... I plan to go there and do some soul searching away from civilisation. Away from the internet, from the distraction at home and at work ... and just quiet my heart and mind before God. To draw strength from Him. The truth is anything can happen when I sit for the exams again in November if the appeal comes through. So therefore I am still waiting with uncertainty...the world is full of uncertainty ... life is full uncertainty...but one thing is certain ... is that my life is in His hands so no matter what happens or the outcome....I will rest in Him...the lover of my soul... I will trust His heart when I can't feel His hand in my life. So I am looking forward to Redang ... walks by the beach, sunrise and sunsets, just enjoying God and letting God enjoy me. Me and God walking hand in hand.

Do continue to keep me in prayer ..... appreciate it :D

12 comments:

danial ma :: a wannabe said...

hej! bro. just let GOD decides the best for you. for the mean time, enjoy your trip to redang and 'catch' some beautiful moments in redang with your camera. take care and you are always loved by HIM.

fibrate said...

Had this song on "cassette" - so long ago!

Anyway, have a nice trip and do share some great shots with us...(dripping with envy now coz I'm not going anywhere)!

sbanboy said...

danial ma
Thanks bro :D

fibrate
I have the cd and the mp3 for this song ... can pass it to via jimbo or I can email it to you if you want :D

Yeah plan to bring the 350D to Redang ... since most of the time I will be on my own ... the rest are scuba diving .. :D

Well there are always free flights from Air Asia ... try to grab one ...hehe ..

eve said...

Hey have a nice trip...Somehow things will turn out alright..have faith..*hugs*

lynnx01 said...

Mid this week, my uni also released our finals results. A few of my close friends did not make it through and I really feel the pain. They not only have to go through another month of ordeal, they might risk even being forced to leave if they cannot make it through second time.

Las montañas said...

Encouragement. You can do it again!


".. Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." - Joshua1:9 KJV

just me said...

Enjoy your trip...taking pics, getting refreshed and allowing God to draw near to you

sbanboy said...

eve
Thanks ...for the hug :D Yup it will turn out alright

lynnx01
I know how it feels

las montanas
thanks las montanas ... one of my favorite verses ...

I still owe u a visit in Singapore :D

just me
Yup.... staying back here KL ... gets kinda hectic and really shuts God's voice out ... looking forward to the time alone with God ... not done it in ages :D

poohbearee said...

Song is on the TV show Charmed.

Hey, have a good trip and take more photos:) Redang is a super nice place. Somewhere I always wanted to go but hv not.

You will make it the next time. God nv fails those who trust him :)

niCk said...

God is good!

amen!

Dr ve Thru said...

My prayers are with you. I pray that He will give you strength.

Isaiah 40:31
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.

God bless.

sbanboy said...

poohbearee
thanks alot :D

nick
thanks bro :D

dr ve thru
Appreciate the prayers ... that is one of my favorites verses :D