Wednesday, 6 June 2007

Genting Chinese Cultural Exhibition

After dinner at Flavors.... I went around taking pictures of First World Hotel. There was a Chinese Cultural Exhibition going on. It was great to see the handiwork. There were stores selling jewelery, artwork, cravings and there was also a shop where you can have a mini replica of yourself in the form of clay art ... but it was quite costly .. it was about RM 120 for a 6 cm height replica. It was a great time for me to try out custom white balance in different lighting situations. It was great to capture the "moment" though I am still a bit rusty.
Artwork from red paper....cut and framed up
The artist ... full concentration and he was really good and fast with his hands :D
Some Chinese fans....
Soveniers .... erm what is this called ah ? Urns ? Oppss ...that is for something else ...
Ornament made of different stones :D

After walking around .... we decided to call it a day and we stayed at Awana Hotel as my friend was attending a course there. I stayed up watching TV and going through my photos and I managed to read a few pages of Harry Porter - the Order of the Phoenix. It was good to meet up with old friends and I had not been to Genting in ages ... it was great to be able to have some good food, have great company and of course .... more chances for me to snap some pictures :D

2 comments:

day-dreamer said...

*nods nods*

Mmm... very, erm, Chinese. Haha. ;)

sbanboy said...

day dreamer
And they are really talented :D