Wednesday, 6 June 2007

Chin Swee Caves Temple at Genting Highlands

The next day I decided to go to Chin Swee Caves Temple to take some pictures ( the link regarding Chin Swee Caves Temple ) ... heard that there were some renovation going on and a lot of new attractions added in ( to tell you the truth I wont even know the difference coz I had not been to the Chin Swee Caves Temple in more than 15 years I think .... most of the time I just go to the theme park in Genting Highlands ). Took a slow slow drive up to Chin Swee Caves Temple ..... even the bus was having an easy time over taking me. I wanted to enjoy the free air ... did not turn on my air con. The temple was 7 km away from Awana Resort. But the time I reached about 10 am, the place was packed with people ... cars parked by the roadside. Alot of people. It also started to get very cloudy hence I just took whatever shots I could manage.
Construction in progress .... and me standing in the middle of the road again to get this shot. I better be careful so that I wont get hit by a car or a cow or whatever .... anyway anything to get the right shot and composition ...hehe
The Pagoda ..... cloudy day .....
Steps leading to the main court yard ....
Clouds .... I have always had a fascination with clouds ....
The way back down to Kuala Lumpur ....


And there ends my trip to Genting. Later on we drove back to KL where we had dinner at Esquire Kitchen and I drove my friend to KLIA for him to catch his flight back. It was a really exhausting weekend for me .... and it was raining cats and dogs during the weekend but it was worth it coz I was able to meet up and catch up with an old friend.

7 comments:

day-dreamer said...

Although I can no longer count the times I've been to Genting Highlands, I can tell you the number of times I've been to this temple. It's zero. Hahaha!

Las montañas said...

yeah, is this the temple that is seen from Awana resort? How to get there ah? Maybe next time you be my guide?

Indeed Malaysia is blessed with all these forests and mountains. I would have driven to genting every weekend if I were you; even from Seremban.

sbanboy said...

day dreamer
Haha .... yeah loh ... it is half way and have to suddenly belok kiri to get there ... hehe

las montanas
Hey just tell when u are coming ...and u have ur GPS Dopod D810 and we are good to go ... I am still saving up to get myself a GPS for my RW6828 ...then I will go for a whole Malaysia drive tour and snapping pictures frenzy ...hehe..yeah going to Genting .. made me realise the beauty that is in Malaysia and nothing like fresh air :D and the feeling of in the clouds

poohbearee said...

I agree with LM. I am jealous. You guys there hv all the beautiful scenic places to go for days trips. None here for us.

Huh? No GPS can still use map mah. LOL.

eve said...

Wanted to go up last weekend during the Agong's bday...but paham-paham je la..sure jam like hell..so dropped the idea liao..

Dani said...

nice posting, love it!!!
I found your blog through the star online, I'm just starting to write a blog Lonely hurts probably we can exchange thought from time to time, do leave your 2cent when visiting my blog.. see you around

sbanboy said...

poohbearee
Hehe... how to read map and drive at the same time ...hehe...at least with GPS got a nice sweet female voice which direct me which direction ...hehe

You can pop into Genting, Fraser or Cameron Highlands anytime :D

eve
It was jam packed with people ...but there was no jam .... now the way up after Awana Resort is mostly one way ... and the way down before Awana is one way ...:D

dani
Thanks for dropping by