Thursday, 7 June 2007

Bike cleaning day....

I have been neglecting my bike for a couple of months now ... since I started preparing for my exams in May. There was once when I had not used my bike for so long that the battery died and the mechanic had to come push the bike to the shop ... and I blow about 200 bucks getting a new battery and regulator. I first started using the bike when I was working in GHKL .... super jam and sometimes I was stuck in the jam for 2 hours just to get home. So I decided to use a bike to work and I was able to get home in about 40 minutes. The only problem was when it rained ..but I got myself a thick rain coat and a full face helmet ... so it was not really a problem. It was really a crazy idea to ride a bike to work but it was liberating in a sense that I was not stuck in the jam and a lot of time was saved and it was less stressful than sitting in the car fuming away when I was stuck in a jam where I would move like 1 mm per min...not to mention the leg cramps I would get from driving. Therefore it is a must to get automatic transmission car in KL .. :D

So today I decided to wash the bike and also to remove the "L" sticker from the bike since I already obtained my full bike license.

The bike was extremely dirty. Good thing the water pipe was nearby so I was able to wash the bike with lots of water.
Bucket full of my secret weapons to tackle the layers of dirt ...
Time to remove the "L" license sticker
Washing in progress ....
Yippee .... managed to remove the "L" license sticker after scrubbing at it for like half an hour


The finished product :D

I guess I will start riding my bike to work again .....

8 comments:

fibrate said...

Wonder where you stashed the camera while washing the bike...

poohbearee said...

Your bike looks nice!
Btw just curious, wat is this L- plate and full-license thingy?

I tried riding a scooter illegally in india before. heehee

Raymond said...

L plate is a probationary license in msia haha
I dunno how to ride a bike one wor wymen!

day-dreamer said...

I thought L is learner's license and P is probationary license?

Anyway, my dad doesn't allow me to ride a bike.

And yeah, when it comes to vehicles, if you don't use it for a while, it will have some problems. That's why sometimes if we don't use the car for a long time, we will just start the engine for a while, once in a few days, just to keep it going. ;)

sbanboy said...

fibrate
I was using my compact camera ... an ancient 6 years old Canon Ixus V3... I stashed it under my bike seat...hehe

poohbearee
L license is the learner's license ...hehe...wah u rode in India before ? hehe, I wrote a scooter in India when I was studying there.

raymond
Very easy one lah ... like riding ur bicycle loh ... you already know how to balance ...hehe

day dreamer
Actually riding a bike is dangerous .... my parents were against it too but I learned how to ride a bike in India.... so it was easier here :D

L B said...

Finally I get to see your infamous scooter!! Very nice! Poot Poot Pooting along is so nice around here in Italy, and I suppose it must be quite nice too in Malaysia.. I used to ride a Honda 50 when I was in Malaysia, many moons ago..

sbanboy said...

lb
Wah you rode the honda cub 50cc before ??? Hehe

poohbearee said...

I only tried riding ard my neighbourhood. Fren's bike. You rode illegally or legally in India? Which year u there? I was working in Bangalore 2004/05.