Tuesday, 3 April 2007

On call again ....... non stop ....

I am on call again today and I have not stopped since morning. I was really hoping that it will not be a busy call so that I can get some studying done .... well tough luck.... here I am stuck stuck doing a vascular case for nearly 5 hours now.....and they are just putting in the graft now and then it will be the orthopedics turn. This unfortunate 45 year old male had an accident. He was riding a motorbike ( man the nightmare of riding the motorbike all over again ... no wonder my motorbike is rusting away in front of my apartment ... anyone wanna buy my scooter ?? Hehe ... I still use it to go to the gym and go around my housing areas and nearby areas ) ... ok back to this man .... he had an accident and he sustained a fracture at the tibia plateau... at the leg. And this fracture was pressing on the artery (popliteal artery ) which runs just behind causing decreased blood flow to the leg as there was no pulse detected at the foot which is the dorsalis pedis artery. An emergency angiogram was done which revealed the clinical findings of the popliteal artery being compressed. So now the vascular surgeon is going to do a femoral popliteal bypass for the affected limb. So here I am stuck with this case for nearly 5 hours and it might go on till tomorrow ... because the orthopedics team has to fix the fracture.

Just when I thought that is could not get any worst .... I was just informed of an emergency spine case.....duh ...... this patient was just operated on for scoliosis and now they found out that patient has no sensation over the lower limb and the CT Scan findings were noted. So the implant will have to be removed.....hmmm..... well just another exciting day in my life and yes I am still the JONAH wherever I go .... hehe.

And there goes my studies ... oh well I will just have to make up for it tomorrow and that is if I am still lucid after I get up from my zombie like state .... and no amount of sleep in the day will be able to replace the sleep lost in the night. Ok back to work ......

5 comments:

Las montañas said...

caffeine! :P

sbanboy said...

las montanas
Caffeine ....hmmm I can fall asleep after a strong strong cup of coffee ... hehe.... I think I need a new body or something like that .. :D

Las montañas said...

Thats sad.. you don't respond well to caffeine. :P

poohbearee said...

What is it exactly that you are taking exams for?

Hmmm....LM and his coffee. I hate coffee.

sbanboy said...

las montanas
I remember once I made such strong coffee that my friend could not sleep for 2 days but I fell asleep right after drinking that coffee ... tat was in India when I was studying for my exams ..

poohbearee
I am studying for the masters program .... I want to pass this time.

You dont like coffee ? I like coffee and tea ... :D