Friday, 20 April 2007

Breakfast, masala ginger tea, sneezing and coughing .... what a combination

Been sneezing and coughing since I got up this morning. I am not working today and I plan to "goreng" my brain and books no matter what. Have already popped in all the required tablets and medicine. Surprisingly I have not taken Panadol in ages .... I guess I got past the withdrawal symptoms and the craving for Panadol. Panadol had been my constant companion since I started my housemanship in Klang Hospital in year 2000 ( wow did not realise that I had been taking Panadol for so long). 15 on calls ( for 24 hours ) a month is not joke. I did whatever I could to survive the one year of grueling training. I took the Panadol mainly for the frequent headaches I have been getting. Now I use Acupressure and Essential Oils to help soothe the headache which surprisingly had been effective.

Anyway I decided to make breakfast for myself. Fried some Ramli Chicken sausages and a low cholesterol egg.

Then I decided to make my favourite drink Masala Tea ( I have modified it into Ginger Masala Tea )..... making this drink reminds of a good friend that I have..it brings back good memories.

So here is the recipe.
I use one packet of Gold Roast 3 in 1 instant tea. Add in some hot water about 150 ml. You can always add 2 packs if you want a stronger tea. Or you can get the ones without sugar added in so you can add the sugar later.
This is the ginger honey powder which I bought from Mydin and it last for ages because you need about one table spoon. Anyway it is up to you.... if you like a stronger ginge.r taste you can add about 2 table spoon. But sometimes it is too sweet due to the honey. Anyway you can just custom make it to your taste.

Erm I dont have the picture for the masala powder used for the tea. You can get it from any Madura Grocery stores. I did a google search and found out that you can actually do your own masala powder.

Ingredients
2 sticks cinammon
1 tsp ginger powder
3-4 cloves
4-5 cardammoms
1/2 tsp saunf(fennel)
1 peppercorn

Method
Powder all the above ingredients and mix.
Store in an airtight container.
Will keep well for years.





More information on the masala tea powder and what you can do with it....interesting.

All you need is a pinch of masala tea powder to add into your tea.

The last ingredient is Fresh Milk. I use Marigold HL low fat milk. You can add about 100-150 ml into the tea. You can try out different types of milk and find out which one you like best.

Ok then you just put the cup of tea into the microwave and heat it up for about 1 minute and voila !!! You have your own homemade Ginger Masala Tea.

Time to enjoy my breakfast ... have a great day.

Cheers

6 comments:

carcar said...

take care ok!~

He is our strength! Amen!

sbanboy said...

That was fast .... haha ...Yup He is our strength ... take k...

Jia yu ...

Las montañas said...

This looks like a 'starvation' breakfast. only eggs and sausage? I would have gone to a hotel's buffet breakfast where you can a spread of delicious items plus unlimited helpings of freshly cooked eggs in various flavors! yum!!

L B said...

Stay Well!

doc said...

women opt for retail therapy when going thru difficult times, but i can see where you seek solace...right there in your kitchen!

ever thought of being a chef, ah??

sbanboy said...

LM
Wah a feast or breakfast ah ???
Hehehe

LB
Thanks lb :D

doc
now you know why I am so FAT !!!!! hehe