Saturday, 31 March 2007

You are my King



You are my King - by Newsong

I'm forgiven because You were forsaken
I'm accepted You were condemned
I'm alive and well Your spirit lives within me
Because You died and rose again

[Chorus]
Amazing Love how can it be
That You my King would die for me
Amazing love I know it’s true
And it’s my joy to honor You
In all I do
I honor You

[Bridge]
You are my King
You are my King
You are my King
You are my King


A simple song with simple lyrics with a powerful and deep meaning. I just got back from Seremban last night after getting stuck in the jam for about 2 hours on the way back to Seremban from Subang Jaya. Turned on my Macbook and let my itunes play in shuffle mode. This song started playing ..... and something within me stirred .... the lyrics hitting me hard deep down in my heart. And all within me starting crying out .... Yes You are my King. The lyrics word by word hitting me hard .... stirring me ...breaking the defences ..... breaking my self reliance ... my pride .... it broke through ALL my defences ..... and all I could do was to surrender and lay down my crown ... my right to my life ... my right to do what I want .... I laid it all at His feet....for Him to do as He wish with my life.... to live for Him alone.... to go where He wants me to go ... to do what He wants me to do. In fact when I give away life to Him ... He gives me back even more than I can ever imagine.

1 comment:

danial ma :: a wannabe said...

may the thought of HIM give you strenght...