Sunday, 4 March 2007

Thanks for the pain ......


2 Corinthians 12:9,10 (Amplified Bible)

Amplified Bible (AMP)

Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation

9But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me!

10So for the sake of Christ, I am well pleased and take pleasure in infirmities, insults, hardships, persecutions, perplexities and distresses; for when I am weak [in human strength], then am I [truly] strong (able, powerful in divine strength).


These 2 verses had been playing in my head since doc reminded me about this verse on Feb 24th. I have read it so many times, wrote it on a post it and stuck it on my wall, wrote in my notes, my text books, read it on the pda.....finally now it is sinking in....yes "EUREKA !!!!" I see the light ... finally.

The past sometimes catches up with me ... bringing flash backs of what has happened. Sometimes I analysed the situation and try to figure out how I would have done it if I could turn back time. About friendships/relationships long gone ... or gone sour .... I try to figure out what went wrong... what could I have done to improve the situation. About people who suddenly decide to put on a cold shoulder when the friendship was going so well. The funny part was I still cant figure out what happened ... well I had stopped trying to figure it out a long time ago. About my coming exams ... how I struggle to plan out a workable study plan so that I can at least cover the basics ... sometimes I feel that I am fighting a losing battle...but in Christ ... there is always hope as long as I dont give up. Hopefully my body can take the short hours of sleep and abuse for the next 2 months .... hang in there... just another 2 months before a new chapter unfolds.

So I am thankful and will boast of what infirmities,hardships,rejections and weaknesses that I have because when I am weak in my human strength ... that is the very moment when His divine strength will be strong in me. So thank you for the pain, for the cold shoulder, for the hurts, rejections etc .... because when I am crushed, when I have no more strength to go, when I feel so lonely ... He will lift me up and His strength will be made perfect in me. AMEN ... finally I understand in my heart ..what these 2 verses mean ... not just head knowledge but it is engraved in my heart becoming heart knowledge. Thank You Jesus.

4 comments:

doc said...

spot on, my friend!

poohbearee said...

All the best for your exams. Stay strong and joyful always in His love.

just me said...

So true that when one is down and out that one experiences a deeper relationship with Him.
And very reassuring , isn't it, to know that He alone allows the circumstance to touch His children for He is always in control

Anonymous said...

"You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down."

Mary Pickford
1893-1979, Actress and Producer