Saturday, 10 March 2007

6 weird things you don't know about me

I have been tagged by Shah ... and it had taken me a couple of weeks to figure out what to write .... so here goes

6 weird things you don't know about me:


1. I used to exercise by dancing to Madonna's music .. Holiday, Lucky Star, Material Girl etc ... I practically grew up with music by Madonna, Kylie Minogue and Mariah Carey. Erm that is why I was so thin when I was a teenage. I used to dance for hours until my parents said I should join a dancing contest ( which I never did )

2. I love riding my bike in the rain when I was studying in India. Whenever it rains ... you can bet that I will be cruising around in my scooter all over the campus. .... just love the feel of rain splashing again my skin ...

3. I am crazy about Garfield .... I think there are similarities ... we both love lasagnas and we both hate Mondays..... not to mention the shape now also "sama sama".

4. I love reading Fantasy books (Lord of the Ring, Wheel of Time, etc )..... sometimes I get lost in the fantasy world. I have read Lord of the Rings a couple times and there are times I have a LOTR movie marathon at home ..... I have all 3 movies with the extended version. Snacks by my side .... nice pillow with a thick blanket and the air con turned on ..... heavenly ....

5. I was really really really skinny when I was a teenage and my mom used to "de-worm" a few times a year hoping that I will put on some weight .... well mom ... here is your FAT son
( erm now she hopes that I have worms and tells me to stop eating so much ) .... I started putting on weight in India ...erm India ? Yup it was India which made me FAT .... I love the chocolates there, the "ladoos" India sweet delicacy and of course I stopped dancing to Madonna ....

6. I have walked all the way from Seremban to Port Dickson ( about 32 km ) by foot with a crazy friend of mine ( who I have lost contact with or else we will be doing more crazy things together ). But on the way back we both decided to take the bus back and of course we were both limping when we reached home but it was an experience which I will never forget.


And that completes 6 weird things that you never know about me .... erm I dont think I will tag anyone coz I had to crack my head to come up with these 6 items....still it was good break from reading Pharmacology and Physiology ...

13 comments:

L B said...

LOL at #5 because my mom, bless her soul, used to harangue me about being too skinny too!!!

may said...

*phewwweeeeettt*!! Madonna's music while exercising? huarrrrr... get on the dance floor!

just me said...

Thanks for sharing about yourself

Las montañas said...

yeap, indian food can be very fattening! high carbo, high fats. All the lassi, sambal, lenthil curries, chutneys, pooree...etc

LOTR, did you read the first book The Silmarillion? It has strong parallels to Genesis.

poohbearee said...

Heee....You only go in the rain in India ah? It seems the norm there.

Do it in Msia or Spore....people will think u gone nuts :P

sbanboy said...

lb
Haha .... sama sama .. now she tells me to stop eating ...

may
Madonna's music brings back alot of sweet memories .... when I was young and was care free

just me
Thanks for wanting to read about me

las montanas
not read that book ... after my exams ... will start my binge on fantasy books again ... hehe

poohbearee
erm told my friends here about it and they just rolled their eyes at me .... hehe

Kok Hon said...

wow...this is unknown to me after knowing you all these years...

sbanboy said...

kok hon
Heheheh .... now u know loh

blueapple said...

nice blog u got here...
i was once skinny too, then my mom also forced me to take all those antiworm tabs made me fatter...
lack of worms..haha
wat did u study in india? juz only read bout u haha..

sbanboy said...

blue apple
Hey thanks for dropping by .... I studied Medicine in India ... :D

day-dreamer said...

Walk 32km?! Damn geng!!

Chen said...

trying to imagine u dancing :D

u love riding bike in the rain?
i hate to ride bike in the rain :P

niCk said...

hey! i'm getting thinner and thinner in Manipal? hehe! my mom got so worried.
niway! enjoy reading your blog!

niCkson