Wednesday, 21 February 2007

Manyak Ong Mali

Every Chinese New Year, my family will prepare to roll oranges into the house after the reunion dinner and the prayers. It is believed that as we rolled the oranges into the house, good fortune will come into the household. ( mind you .. please dont roll the oranges out of the house as we dont want the fortune to go out of the house .... hehe) Well the smile on the my parents' face and my sis' were priceless as they enjoyed themselves.....
Get set, ready, GO !

Whatever it takes to roll to the oranges into the house .... hehe
Erm ... they left some oranges for me to roll also ....
Manyak manyak ong mali !!!!!!!

6 comments:

L B said...

Wow! In all my years, this is the first time I have ever heard of this custom!!! *saves some mandarins for rolling too*

danial ma :: a wannabe said...

so many kam...so many ong!

Jimbo said...

So cute. I never heard of such a tradition till now. Must be fun. :-)

just me said...

What dialect is your family? I have not heard of this tradition before as well

sbanboy said...

lb
Roll roll for more ong !!!

danialma
Yeah I think we used like 2 cartons of oranges

jimbo
It is fun ... hehe

just me
Family Dialect = Hakka

carcar said...

so fast, another year... get to kne your family 's custom thru yr blog last yr...

god bless abundantly and exceedingly to you and yr family!~