Tuesday, 23 January 2007

Dinner with parents

Had to go back to Seremban today because dad had an accident and I had to sign the papers to claim the insurance coz my Kenari was involved. Dad is ok ... thank God. He forgot to pull the handbrake at home and the car rolled backwards pinning him against the gate causing the gate to fall over. He was using his legs to stop the car while he was lying on the ground on top of the gate ... but miraculously by God's grace ... he managed to roll out of harm's way ... and the car rolled over to the neighbour's pillars opposite the road ... phew thank God nothing much was damaged. The Kenari rear window was smashed with some dents over the back. And slight damage to the neighbour's pillar. Thank God there were no cars on the road at the moment. Most important, dad got away with some slight bruises and a few scratches .... mom thought we had lost dad because she saw the whole event which took place.

Thank God ..... I pray for their safety each day.

It was great to be able to have dinner with parents. Sometimes I get lost in my own world of work and studies. It is good to slow down and spend time with loved ones. Because you never know when it is too late.

That is why I will not hesitate to tell the people who are dear to me that I love them ... better to say it than to never say it at all. And after that it is up to them how to accept it. But for me.... I have no regrets. It is better to give love and to have loved than to never loved at all.

6 comments:

JoeBlogs said...

Phew! A lucky escape.

may said...

it's great that your dad's ok. a family friend of ours got pinned at the gate by her rolling volvo too, many years ago, but she wasn't so lucky. fractured hip, I think.

sbanboy said...

joeblogs
Hey thanks for dropping by.... thank God .. that dad is ok

may
thanks for dropping by ... yup my dad only got some bruises and scratches and good thing the gate fell backwards.

danial ma :: a wannabe said...

OMG! may everything will be ok especially your dad. i hope your insurance claim too will be smoothly process . my deepest sympathy to you and family.

Las montañas said...

Thanks the LORD that everyone is OK.

Chen said...

Really Thank God your dad is alright.. Sounds scary though...