Tuesday, 26 December 2006

Wake up call

I have been having this headache for a week now .... panadol only gives temporary relieve. Last night I was kept awake by the headache .... this morning when I woke up ... I felt really funny ... headache, neck and shoulder pain.... decided to take my blood pressure and the reading was 190/140 mmHg... I never had any problems with my blood pressure and I have been having regular check ups...but this came as a shock to me and even right now I am still trying to accept it.

I drove to work praying that I wont stroke out along the way.... saw the doctor at the out patient department and was told that I will need to be started on medication after my blood investigations are ready which I will sending this coming morning for all the fasting blood test.

Came home tried to sleep ..... and continued to monitor my blood pressure which was in the range of systolic ( the upper part ) 140-150 and diastolic ( the lower part ) 90-110 mmHg..... it really freaked me out and I had asked my close friend, Haz to stand by to drive me to the hospital if the blood pressure keep climbing up.

Tomorrow I will go see the doctor again and I think I will need to be started medication to control the blood pressure and to do a thorough workup.

This really is a wake up call for me coz I have been procrastinating about joining a gym and taking care of my health. And it also makes me think if I should continue with my masters program if it will create more stress for me ..... so many things suddenly become NOT so important anymore as I had been taking my health for granted. I am praying that God will guide me and show me the right path and the right decision to make ..... do keep me in prayer....

6 comments:

danialma said...

Be strong my brother...and i am shocked and sad to hear that too! You need to take extra care of your health from now on. In the mean time try to do the massage and drink the herbal tea. No heavy exercise yet. Don't burden your heart and take extra rest. May GOD always give you a good health.

danialma said...

have zero sodium diet too...

cynthia said...

ish ish ish...

diurectics..aspirin...

ish ish ish..

look after yourself.

L B said...

Wake Up Calls of this nature really put things into prospective eh? Yeah, I guess I would be totally freaked out too! Man, hope you will get it all under control soon. Big Best Regards.

spinosum said...

If I were u, I would rather have a quality life with my family and myself. I would rather be a normal GP or move into other not-so-taxing field; so what if people say something... who cares anyway, I lead my own life. :)

What's the point of having 3 postgrad degree and end up in bed sick.

Sorry for my rant...
Take care friend!

sbanboy said...

danialma
Thanks alot

cynthia
Still not started on medication yet

lb
yeah hope that things will turn out ok .... am keeping positive about this

spinosum
I feel exactly the same way but I wanna finish what I have started and I still have the hope that I can do it but of course the top priority is my health at the moment and I am making changes already