Monday, 9 October 2006

Orchids



I met with a friend for dinner last night ...... and she was walking around with this pot of orchid all over the shopping mall while waiting for me ...... she had called earlier that she was gonna get me orchids to keep in my apartment as she was buying some for her dad and uncle. I did not know that it will be this HUGE pot of orchid ....... when I saw her ... I could not stop smiling and she really made my day .... I am still smilling now whenever I look at that pot of orchid in my apartment....

Before you guys jump to conclusions .... we both work in the same department and she already has a boyfriend ....

Anyway we had a nice Thai dinner and we head our separate ways .... I kept the orchid at the passenger side ..on the floor ...... it all smooth sailing when I was driving home but when I was nearing home.... there was a sharp bend while cornering and the pot of orchid started rolling around ...... I was so worried that I "fractured" the orchid ..... phew the orchid was still intact ......

Now I am wondering how to take care of orchids ? She said to just spray water like 3 times a week ... she will even provide the fertilizers ..... She really made my day...

5 comments:

L B said...

How great to have a friend like that! Love the Pot!!

Shah said...

Bro, can I give you a pot of lalang that's growing in my dad's back yard? Will u put up pictures of it on your blog too? Haha... Nice orchids by the way.

sbanboy said...

lb

I love the pot too ... hehe

shah
well bring it on ... I will make the lalang look good ....hehe

Las montañas said...

congrats! There is always the first time! You'll be on your way to orchid addiction.

That orchid is a Phalaenopsis or "Moth Orchid". It does well under office airconditioning.

danialma said...

whoaaahh...so beautiful one! I wan, i wan, also but the artificial one...so no need to spray water and it will like that forever..... ;)