Sunday, 18 December 2005

BBQ at my friend's

This Sunday went to a friend's place in USJ for BBQ. They were a new bunch of friends I made at this church which I am visiting at the moment. The BBQ started at 6 pm ... and I arrived late as I started out late from my place and it took some time for me to find the place.

I helped out with burning the chicken and mutton .... oppss I mean I helped in bbq-ing the chicken and mutton. And I got to make some new friends. I might joining this care group later after new year in 2006.


I really felt at home with this new group of people from church. They just told me to come. I did not know that I had to bring presents for gift exchange. I felt so bad when I found out that there was gonna be a gift exchange session, but my friend already told me that she had bought extra gifts for me for the gift exchange ... that really touched my heart. And that same gesture and thoughtfulness really warmed me up to this particular group of people. I had not felt like that in a long long time ... to come empty handed and to be blessed with gifts in return with no questions asked and no strings attached. The last time I felt like this was when I was in Canada doing my Grade 12 in Medicine Hat, Alberta. I was studying in Canada after my SPM. I attended this church which really took care of me as I was the only Asian there. I was invited to stay overnight with a family at Christmas Eve. It was my first Christmas as a Christian. I did not buy them any gifts but they lavished me with so many gifts - a new bible, an adidas sweater, chocolates and a gift voucher at a Christian bookstore. Then I spent Christmas with a German family who took me and I had a tradisional German meal. There I was lavished with gifts again. Then I spent the next day with a Dutch family. I will never forget my first Christmas where I did not anything to deserve the attention, love or the gifts that were given to me, truly Jesus is the reason for the season .. for He came to die for us when we could not offer up anything to Him, He came to give up His life so that we might live again.... yes that is Christmas, God offering His love to us when we come empty handed.







Bro Ken with the BBQ



Gift Exchange time after singing Christmas carols




2 comments:

Jellyfish said...

looks fun...
especially got siew kai yik

yumyum....

Val said...

hello-hello!! back to reading some (not all yet tho) blogs & glad you had a good time !! looks fun & yummy!

keep in touch man!! =)