Sunday, 20 November 2005

Cases kept coming ....

It is about 825 pm now. I just managed to get out of operating theater to catch a breather. I just finished giving anaesthesia for a 14 year old boy who was diagnosed as having acute appendicitis and he underwent an appendicectomy. We (my colleague and me ) were doing cases non stop since morning. I did not have my dinner yet. I had to stick around until the boy was discharged safely back to the ward. Just as we were stretching our legs, we received a call from the resuscitation area from the emergency department informing us that there is a ruptured ectopic pregnancy ( meaning the patient conceived outside the uterus ( "rahim" in Malay ) and the fetus is growing the fallopian tubes and has ruptured ). Patient is in shock as she is pale and tachycardiac with a low blood pressure. We had asked for 4 bags of blood. My colleague had gone to see the patient in the resuscitation area while I prepare the operating theater. Ok will continue after the surgery .. waiting for the patient to come ..... exciting things always happen in GHKL ....

No comments: