Sunday, 13 November 2005

Another week to go and I am done for now ... hmmm

Another week to go and I am done with my exams and I will know by the same weekend whether I have passed or not ... since I am just a service Medical Officer .. I already start work on Friday doing afternoon shift and I will be on call on Sunday .... no time to grief if I did not pass the exams ... oh well .. if I fall .. will just have to pick myself up again and make sure I do better .. the world still goes on.

It was really great to be home ... to be fussed over by my parents ... as usual my mom would have bundled in stuffs for me to bring back to my place here.

I did not manage to get much studying done .. though I did try to read ... am just so tired already... I am not the only one who feel like this ... got a friend who was taking the exams sms me telling me that she is so tired ....

Church was great ... I always receive alot from my pastors' teachings in Seremban .. they really take effort and prayerfully prepare their weekly sermons and today without fail .. God spoke into my heart again. What a wonderful God ... a God Who never forces or blackmails .. He nudges at my heart .... so gentle, so merciful and compassionate .... His love towards me so unconditional ... once again ... I lay my life at His feet .. a daily surrendering to His will ... yes that I might decrease so that He may increase in my life .. until there is nothing left of me but just all of Him alone .... yes He is Who I live for .... He is my reason to get up in the morning with a smile on my face knowing that nothing can separate me from His love ... yes nothing ....

I realise also that I was looking around for things to fill me or satisfy me ......I am like a broken cistern .. in an endless pursuit for anything which can fill me up .... but it is always temporary ... it never last because I am broken .... yes I am broken ... and only Jesus can fill me and make me whole again .... Lord may I learn to find my satisfaction in You alone ... Amen.

Written by Charles Spurgeon

"Men are in a restless pursuit after satisfaction in earthly things. They will exhaust themselves in the deceitful delights of sin, and, finding them all to be vanity and emptiness, they will become very perplexed and disappointed. But they will continue their fruitless search. Though wearied, they still stagger forward under the influence of spiritual madness, and though there is no result to be reached except that of everlasting disappointment, yet they press forward. They have no forethought for their eternal state; the present hour absorbs them. They turn to another and another of earth's broken cisterns, hoping to find water where not a drop was ever discovered yet."

So Lord I pray that You will give me an undivided and faithful heart to passionately pursuit You all the days of my life ... because when I finish this journey called life ... I will meet You face to face ... and Who will I have besides You ... Amen ...

1 comment:

val said...

nice post :)

Proverbs 24:16 for though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again...

glad u had a good time back home & all the best for your orals :)