Saturday, 3 September 2005

On call today

I am on call today in General OT. Just managed to do one case from 9 am till 4 pm !!!!!! And my list is still long ..... the surgeon took forever and there was a missing gauze count and it was a laparotomy. We had to use I&I and also the abdomen X Ray .. thank God in the end we found the gauze hiding underneath the draping .... looking for the gauze alone took 2 hours !!!!! At the rate I am going I guess it gonna be a long long day ahead for me ... duh.....

Oh well am waiting for another laparotomy with anastomotic leak and the patient has a mediastinal mass...... well I am known to be "jonah" but I am a happy 'jonah" coz I know that I am not alone as Jesus is with me every step of the way ..... will blog more when I have time today ....

2 comments:

Chen said...

What a day for u :)

LT said...

Oh, I was oncall on the 3rd too. Very tiring.